Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 6/11/2001 4:49:15 PM EDT
why cant you take a pre ban upper take the bayo lug off and put it on a postban lower with thumbhole stock I all ready asked this in the rifle section but thought id get some feedback here
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:57:06 PM EDT
Sounds like you would be trading the pistol grip for a flash suppressor. I don't see why you couldn't do it. Anybody know otherwise?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:04:37 PM EDT
no go,batf classifies a thumbhole stock the same as a pistol grip.mmk
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:05:44 PM EDT
If a pistol grip counts the same as a thumbhole stock, why does my SAR 4800 have a thumbhole stock and not the standard FN-FAL pistol grip? If they counted the same it wouldn't be illegal to change the SAR 4800 to a pistol grip, but it is.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:04:18 PM EDT
Pistol grip stock is an "evil feature." Thumbhold stock is not. If you remove the "evil features" from a firearm, you can put it together any way you want. You get ONE feature for 922r.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:10:04 PM EDT
The problem with pistol-grips VS. butthole stocks depends on 2 different laws. 1989- imported rifles could have NO evil items like flash suppressors, folding stock, pistol grips. The way that the law defined a "Pistol Grip" left open the possibillity of connecting the bottom, and POOF!!! It's no longer a pistol grip....it's a butthole stock! But the 1994 law for domestic rifles defines a pistol grip with different terms, which make butthole stocks considered the same a pistol grips for US made rifles So... Thumbhole stocks count as an evil item on AR's, so try one of the other "non-pistol grip" thingys instead. ZM weapons makes one that looks like a hook. I plan to get one, but haven't yet. As for the SAR 4800... Add enough US parts to that thing and you can ditch that butthole stock!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:21:39 PM EDT
Top Top