Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2001 5:53:16 PM EDT
Can I take a pistol in my car from my residence(New Mexico); crossing Texas, into Oklahoma, where I used to live, and own property?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can.  Check www.packing.org  for particulars.

hth
Steve
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the NRA's website for the gunlaws in texas and OK. Always stop for stop signs and don't speed to avoid an incident with police in case there is something illegal.
[sniper]

-Chuck
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Any gun dealer should have a copy of state by state firearms laws. It's a BATF govt. publication.

Check the laws. Check the NRA and "packing" site, also

http://www.NationalCCW.com/

GENERALLY, it's unlawful to carry a loaded gun in the car where it's accessible to the driver or passenger.

GENERALLY, it's lawful to carry a firearm UNLOADED in the trunk of the car or otherwise unaccessible to drivers/passengers.

GENERALLY, a mobile home or camper is considered a "domicile" and MOST states allow you to keep a loaded gun for defense in your "domicile" or place of business.

Out of state license plates are an open invitation to be pulled over by the police.

WE NEED A NATIONAL CARRY LAW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top