Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 5/21/2001 5:41:10 PM EST
HI Guys, IM a regular here but I didn't want to post this under My name. I know this guy who is a felon and living in a house with guns in it. What is the legality of this? Can he get in to trouble for living there? I go golfing with his PO and I know that My name would be kept out of it if I was to say something. I don't like the guy at all but I get along with his roommate. Could his roommate get into any trouble? His roommate is a very good Guy and will help anyone to a fault.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:12:02 PM EST
Possession of a firearm by a felon is, in most jurisdictions, a felony itself. Some states have different slants on this. What you want to do with this knowledge is up to you and your conscience - I'm assuming you are not a police officer and therefore are not sworn to uphold the law, so I don't think that you are under any legal requirement to report your knowledge to any law enforcement officer. On the other hand, perhaps Edmund Burke said it best: "All that is necessary for evil men to flourish is for good men to do nothing." Unless the roommate is furnishing firearms to a known felon, I don't think he's in any trouble. I'd be awfully careful if I were the roommate, though. These things have a habit of slinging excrement on innocent bystanders.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:25:50 PM EST
Top Top