Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 5/20/2001 3:57:58 PM EDT
Where can I find all the rules and regs for modifying an AR 15? I don't want "Big Brother" knocking on my door with one of those shit eatin grins as my beloved weapon is taken and I end up in prison.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:11:48 PM EDT
What kind of modifications are you talking about? Barrel length? Pre-ban questions?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:54:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cedric: What kind of modifications are you talking about? Barrel length? Pre-ban questions?
View Quote
Pre-bans: mags, barrel, stocks, sound/flash suppressors, select fire, the works.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:58:14 PM EDT
I would start with James Bardwell's FAQ on National Firearms Act Weapons. Try this URL: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/index.html Check the FAQs under nfa_faq.txt. It looks like in IA: Machine guns are out except for Law Enforcement and dealers. Sound supressors, short barreled rifles, short shotguns, large bore destructive devices, and explosive, incendiary, or poison gas destructive devices are limited to items designated as collector's items by the Commisioner of Public Safety (basically Curio and Relic list). That leaves AOW's. I would also check out the M16-Full Auto forum for more information.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:33:22 PM EDT
Top Top