Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 2:35:42 PM EDT
I will be able to get about 500 rds of various 10mm ammo some of which I don't need.As far as selling it over the internet, are the laws the same as if you were actually buying a weapon,such as having to go through a FFL?

Some of it is Winchester Black Talons which I have already so I was thinking of selling these to recoup my costs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No, no federal requirement for interstate transfers other than the buyer is supposed to show proof of age (copy of diver's license) that is rarely enforced. Postal Authorities consider ammunition a "hazardous material," so you'll have to ship via contract carrier like UPS or Federal Express. Some of the UPS roundheads are bigger S.O.B.s to deal with regarding ammunition shipment than the Post Office is and they could become a hangup. I would use Federal Express' ground delivery. Service is generally better and the pricing is competitive with UPS (green label FedEx).
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top