Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 3:54:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The mags can't be used for personal use- only while you are in your official governmental capacity.  But, if you are training, I would think that might be ok- I'm not sure about that however.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
As a practical matter, I can't imagine anyone messing with you about it.  Just keep your badge and ID handy (and keep your powder dry).
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool that they let you have them, we don't get to take mags home. All the rest of my TA50 is in my closet but mags are only signed out on a "going to the range" basis. Nobody has said anything about me using my ruck and PT mat to go camping, so mags shouldn't be much different. I'd recommend carrying your military ID and even a copy of your hand receipt showing they are actually your units mags and not yours. Use those mags so you don't wear out your hard to replace pre-contstitution infringing mags and have fun!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
First off what reason would a law man to inspect the small writing on the mags?  Second I can't see why they'd mess with you.

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I also brought this up in a different post- being in the USMC Reserves, everyone at my unit is issued 8 30rd "marked" mags.  I worry about what to do with "spares" after my committment is over.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
At this point, I have about twelve of the things.  We were issued more, with the understanding that some were lost during annual training, night infiltration courses, etc.  However, I am only required to turn in 8 of these things when I retire.  I have no intentions whatsoever of giving them more than 8 mags- would you?  By the way, I expect that if I continue to conserve my gear, I can retire netting at least 8 of these things.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
. . . By the way, I expect that if I continue to conserve my gear, I can retire netting at least 8 of these things.
View Quote

And by "netting" you mean . . . nevermind, don't bother answering.  

If you were my client I would advise you not to do this, let alone advertising it on the net.  Yes, I know you are not- just my HO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Steve- being accountable for your personal gear has its benefits.  I haven't lost so much as a canteen cap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Just hold on to them.  You might retire and get a job with the Sheriff's office where you can use them.  If not sell them to a few of your cop buddies.  They can legally buy and possess them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't mention that I plan to move into LE eventually--also, I have said (in a different topic/board) that it makes no sense to allow retired LEO's to possess hi-caps when retired vets are not given the same priviledge.  Seems like a double standard.

Semper Fi

-Rich
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top