Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2001 9:10:24 PM EDT
Hello, I have a BM upper with the 11.5 barrel and 5.5 suppressor permanently attached.  I was thinking of selling here or on For The Hunt.  What wording in my ad should I use to protect myself from liabilty, etc.  Thanks in advance for any help given!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you have to worry too much about liability, simply post what you have, condition, and what you want for it.  Most gun sales come with a 3 day inspection period anyway, so if someone does'nt get what they think they paid for they can send it back.  I think the 3 day inspection should take care of any gripes.  Of course there is that one percent out there that will bitch about anything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  Should anything be said about the illegality of putting this upper on a post ban lower?
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
RobDog,

While you are not under any legal obligation to do so, it may reduce the chances of selling it to a 'whiner' who would cause you grief when he discovered "your" mistake. 'Cause it sure wouldn't be "his" mistake, would it? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
RobDog,

While you are not under any legal obligation to do so, it may reduce the chances of selling it to a 'whiner' who would cause you grief when he discovered "your" mistake. 'Cause it sure wouldn't be "his" mistake, would it? [;)] He wouldn't do THAT.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
RobDog,

While you are not under any legal obligation to do so, it may reduce the chances of selling it to a 'whiner' who would cause you grief when he discovered "your" mistake. 'Cause it sure wouldn't be "his" mistake, would it? [;)] He wouldn't do THAT.

That is meant very much tongue in cheek. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top