Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2017 1:15:27 PM EDT
Hi Everyone, I was looking for some information on how to transport firearms for a cross country move and came across this document:

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download#page4

One of the FAQs is about mailing/shipping firearms. I've always had the understanding that was a no go unless done through an FFL, however this document on an ATF web address says an individual can, in fact, legally mail themselves a firearm provided it's all legal and for a legal purpose.

Is that true? Anyone able to help shed some light on this?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
NVM, reading comprehension fail on my part.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi Everyone, I was looking for some information on how to transport firearms for a cross country move and came across this document:

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download#page4

One of the FAQs is about mailing/shipping firearms. I've always had the understanding that was a no go unless done through an FFL, however this document on an ATF web address says an individual can, in fact, legally mail themselves a firearm provided it's all legal and for a legal purpose.

View Quote
You can send firearms to yourself, even in a different state. You cannot send firearms to someone else, other than an FFL, in a different state.

You can use US Mail for long guns, but have to use a common carrier (UPS/FedEx/etc) for handguns.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can send firearms to yourself, even in a different state. You cannot send firearms to someone else, other than an FFL, in a different state.

You can use US Mail for long guns, but have to use a common carrier (UPS/FedEx/etc) for handguns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the common carriers have their own restrictions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top