Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 4:12:51 PM EDT
Any malpractice attorneys willing to give me some pointers through IM .
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of malpractice? Medical, legal, engineering...?

Might help changing the thread title to be more specific.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
GD is where i get all my quality legal and medical, life a death information.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Title change to be more specific
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tha f*ck?  
View Quote
 With the numbers that the medical community accidentaly kills each year this should be no suprise.

I questioned a DR who lied to me and sent false information to an insurance co. and got the same thing, the dropped jaw and what the fuk.  

Lab coat makes a Dr nothing more than a person in a lab coat. And an error made by one can have severe consequences for a patient.  

I've seen some dirty Deals by Dr's that seemed to be helping an insurance company far more than myself the patient, is there a payoff ?

Hope all is well op and you get where you need to go for help.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tha f*ck?  
View Quote
If you have children I hope you never go through what we are going through
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Too late.  

And I didn't sue.

ETA:  it was an honest mistake, missed by three different physicians.  My child has some residual deficit, but if you didn't know what to look for, you probably couldn't tell.  It could limit her in certain activities, but it hasn't been an issue yet.  

And it could have been much worse.  So I'll take my half-full glass.
View Quote
There are certainly doctors out there deserving of being sued. Whether your child's particular experience rose to the level of negligence, or whether you declined to act on the negligence of your child's doctor, is not really relevant to OPs situation. OP I im'd you. Happy to answer questions that I can, or to put you in touch with a competent GA attorney. I don't practice in med mal, but know a fair amount about it, and I attended UGA Law and have quite a few contacts around the state.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The big driver is 'standards of care.'

When they fail to meet the standard of care even their insurance companies will settle pretty quickly.

Problems show up at the edge of knowledge though.

The USA tends get some of the best Doctors though.

We take a decent number from the rest of the world.

I have a cardiologist from India that is a Sikh.

My neurologist is from another part of India and is a Hindu.

My internist is from a South Vietnamese family that left before Saigon fell when she was a small child.
She is US medical school.

They all did Residencies in major US teaching hospitals and are very good.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#10]
The real problem is that Doctors are tighter than the mob and less likely to testify against another Dr in a malpractice suit that Tommy Two-fingers is to testify against his boss.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The real problem is that Doctors are tighter than the mob and less likely to testify against another Dr in a malpractice suit that Tommy Two-fingers is to testify against his boss.
View Quote
That's hysterical. Everything TheGrayMan said is exactly right. There are plenty of prostitute MDs out there who will testify for the defense or the plaintiff if the price is right.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's hysterical. Everything TheGrayMan said is exactly right. There are plenty of prostitute MDs out there who will testify for the defense or the plaintiff if the price is right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a very accomplished physician that went to Law school at Georgetown (after going to their medical school).

He now handles malpractice cases for both other docs and is on contract to a couple insurance companies as an 'advisor.'

When he tells them to settle they listen to him.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know a very accomplished physician that went to Law school at Georgetown (after going to their medical school).

He now handles malpractice cases for both other docs and is on contract to a couple insurance companies as an 'advisor.'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Exactly my point. Going to Georgetown doesn't mean he's not a expert witness prostitute. It just means he's an expensively educated, high priced expert witness prostitute. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah. Exactly my point. Going to Georgetown doesn't mean he's not a expert witness prostitute. It just means he's an expensively educated, high priced expert witness prostitute. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has represented both sides.

Attorneys run the cases not act as expert witnesses.

He also knows where to get expert testimony if it is required.

He invited me to some watch a trial.
He was the complainants attorney suing a not very good doctor.

He could run circles around the 'expert' witnesses from the insurance company defending the doctor.

After the third day of the trial the insurance company settled for more than they had been sued for.

They realized the trial would take a lot of time and money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top