Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2017 2:14:04 PM EDT
I'm all about supporting the boys in blue, and would defend one if I saw something going down.  But, I have to draw the line somewhere and there needs to be accountability, and a higher standard, and our second amendment rights are first and foremost to protect against government Tyranny.  The article is about a no-knock raid on the wrong house, no warrant, and the homeowner draws a gun to defend himself from what he reasonable be assumed a home invasion.  He gets shot, police are not held accountable.  Is this because the lawyer is arguing the wrong way in front of the supreme court?  I dont get it, but I do agree with the author.  The guys legal team argued that the 4th amendment was violated, why did they not argue the 2nd?  

Thoughts?  

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448142/angel-mendez-case-second-amendment-fourth-amendment-jurisprudence-flawed
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Because it's a 4th Amendment issue and not a 2nd.

Officers ought to be up on charges.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm all about supporting the boys in blue, and would defend one if I saw something going down.  But, I have to draw the line somewhere and there needs to be accountability, and a higher standard, and our second amendment rights are first and foremost to protect against government Tyranny.  The article is about a no-knock raid on the wrong house, no warrant, and the homeowner draws a gun to defend himself from what he reasonable be assumed a home invasion.  He gets shot, police are not held accountable.  Is this because the lawyer is arguing the wrong way in front of the supreme court?  I dont get it, but I do agree with the author.  The guys legal team argued that the 4th amendment was violated, why did they not argue the 2nd?  

Thoughts?  

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448142/angel-mendez-case-second-amendment-fourth-amendment-jurisprudence-flawed
View Quote

His 2A rights were not violated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought no nock raids were done with warrants...obviously someone didn't get the memo.  A no nock raid, without a warrant, on the wrong house is just asking for a civil suit, or violation of right to privacy suit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought no nock raids were done with warrants...obviously someone didn't get the memo.  A no nock raid, without a warrant, on the wrong house is just asking for a civil suit, or violation of right to privacy suit.
View Quote
Didn't read the article did ya?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top