Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 11:34:42 AM EDT
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/22/us-appeals-court-upholds-marylands-ban-on-assault-rifles.html

Fourth Circuit Court 10-4 decision to ban military style guns, 10 round mags, weapons of war upheld..
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Muskets are weapons of war, as are bow & arrow.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just about to start a thread about this after seeing this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251126/Assault-weapon-fans-US-dealt-legal-setback.html

What kind of legal precedent does this set for the country?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more conversation on this here. As far as I'm concerned, the 2nd Amendment was put in place specifically to protect the rights of citizens to have weapons of war.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Within the jurisdiction of the 4th District, a similar law would be upheld as legal. it mean little for most elsewhere in the country, and in most of the rest of the 4th District, as it is unlikely any other states iin 4 would enact such a law.

It almost looks too good to be true for appeal, an an excellent vehicle for SCOTUS to overturn.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/22/us-appeals-court-upholds-marylands-ban-on-assault-rifles.html

Fourth Circuit Court 10-4 decision to ban military style guns, 10 round mags, weapons of war upheld..
View Quote

Since all guns at one time were military style guns and weapons of war are they going to ban all guns?
I have a 36cal cap and ball revolver replica of a Colt and that type pistol was used in war. Will this be banned?
I have a 30-30 and that type rifle was used in war. Will this be banned?
I have a 50cal Hawken and that type rifle was used in war. Will this be banned?
I have a 12g shotgun and that type gun was used in war. Will this be banned?
I have a pointed stick and that type weapon was used in war. Will this be banned?
I have a medium sized rock and that type weapon was used in war. Will this be banned?
I have two hands and that type weapon was used in war. Will this be banned?  According to FBI stats more people are killed each year by hands or fists than military style rifles. Forced amputation?

Year 2014
660 by hand/fist
248 by Rifles
FBI Report

Slippery slope.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was just about to start a thread about this after seeing this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251126/Assault-weapon-fans-US-dealt-legal-setback.html

I'm surprised there hasn't been more conversation on this here. As far as I'm concerned, the 2nd Amendment was put in place specifically to protect the rights of citizens to have weapons of war.
View Quote

It is NOT any mystery that there is no mention in the second Amendment of hunting, or sport usage of arms.
The arms that we keep and bear are the equal of those that are to be used against US, the PEOPLE.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is NOT any mystery that there is no mention in the second Amendment of hunting, or sport usage of arms.
The arms that we keep and bear are the equal of those that are to be used against US, the PEOPLE.
View Quote

I was referring to arfcom when I said I was surprised there hasn't been more conversation here, meaning that I'm surprised there isn't more conversation on this forum about the court decision. The 2nd Amendment was clearly framed with the intent for the people to maintain arms equal to those that may be used against us. I don't think there is much debate about that here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
LINK to the text of he opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top