Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2017 11:10:54 AM EDT
Have a guy in New Zealand that wants some parts.  Don't want to get on the wrong side of ITAR so wanted to see if anyone has worked with and can recommend an exporter here in the states.  He has the permits and paperwork on his end.

I posted some of his collection a few years ago here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/588837_XM177E2_and_XM16E1_Pics_from_collector_in_New_Zealand.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I worked with an exporter recently who sent some parts to Canada. E-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you his address.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#2]
He is a good dude too. I used an exporter that he recommended for an upper, and sent him some parts that were within the ITAR limits and exemptions. Unfortunately an overzealous customs agent seized said parts and I had a very unpleasant afternoon with some agents from DHS who "trained" me on the law  kinda like 37thguys position, while I was right and well within the law I couldn't afford to argue and had to nod yes and sign. 

Moral of of the story. Always use an exporter even if you think you know what you are doing.  

Like I said though he is a good dude and trustworthy. 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is a good dude too. I used an exporter that he recommended for an upper, and sent him some parts that were within the ITAR limits and exemptions. Unfortunately an overzealous customs agent seized said parts and I had a very unpleasant afternoon with some agents from DHS who "trained" me on the law  kinda like 37thguys position, while I was right and well within the law I couldn't afford to argue and had to nod yes and sign. 

Moral of of the story. Always use an exporter even if you think you know what you are doing.  

Like I said though he is a good dude and trustworthy. 
View Quote

yeah last thing i want is a visit from any of the alphabet agencies.  figure an exporter is worth it having them play middleman.  that way i only ship it within the US and they can deal with the paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I worked with an exporter recently who sent some parts to Canada. E-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you his address.
View Quote

will do, thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I had ebay stop a 80 year old grende sight for an M1 at customs about a month ago..

Lots of .gov making up regulation now.. Time to reset that #$%(
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had ebay stop a 80 year old grende sight for an M1 at customs about a month ago..

Lots of .gov making up regulation now.. Time to reset that #$%(
View Quote

Hopefully time to break out Lucille and "Shut that sheet down"!

Silencers first.

For the children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top