Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2016 11:04:23 PM EDT
Hey! That is a great deal online for a rifle!
Now how do I get it shipped?
The site rules say "to a FFL"...
But wouldn't the local licensed dealers want to sell me theirs?
"Yes, I see that rifle here for $750, but I want you to recieve the one I bought online for $450."

How is this supposed to work?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey! That is a great deal online for a rifle!
Now how do I get it shipped?
The site rules say "to a FFL"...
But wouldn't the local licensed dealers want to sell me theirs?
"Yes, I see that rifle here for $750, but I want you to recieve the one I bought online for $450."

How is this supposed to work?
View Quote

It works exactly as you typed it out. If the receiving FFL gives you a hard time or his transfer fee is too high, go to the next guy. Kitchen table FFLs are my preference.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a dealer like we have plenty of.  $15-20 of free money to do a transfer.  2nd and subsequent is only $5.  

I felt like an ass when I saw my local guy was selling the same lower I just had him transfer to me, 10 of them.  I had no way of knowing.  He knew I had a fucking sweet deal.  I have been back twice for return business.  That is how it is done. 

You must be in a location that sucks ass or is full of assholes. 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
If they dont want to make an easy 20 bux for a transfer find another ffl.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Lots of sales sites have lists of FFLs who have volunteered to do just what you need.
Gunbroker's list
AIM Surplus
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#5]
My local pawn shop will give me a copy of their ffl to fax to broker, then charge $20 for the transfer. If someone can't deal with making $20 for 10 minutes worth of work, move on to the next guy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My local guy is happy to do nothing but transfers.
He has a shop full of stuff & understands that some of us prefer to shop on-line or out of necessity shop on-line.
His profit margin is huge on transfers.
He does around 30 a day with the very fair price of 25.00 includes background check.
That's what 600.00 a day plus his on-line militaria sales...he's raking it in & does it politely & with a smile & thanks for your business attitude.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats about all I do with my FFL. I try and find the best online deals for my customers then they pay me for the transfer. Its a win win really. Little to no overhead for me and my customers feel they got the best deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top