Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 4/30/2001 2:05:48 PM EST
I haven't done this and sure wouldn't without a letter from the ATF but do you think that this would be legal? Could I build a single shot AR-15 with one of the California-type lowers that doesn't have a magazine well into a complete rifle using M16 trigger parts? Fortunately, I don't live in California so my primary concern is with fedal law. This is a question that I came up with after reading about the single shot AR-15s lowers for California. The rifle could not be modified to shoot more than one shot per trigger pull because you have to manually load a new cartridge each time. There is no place in the lower to insert any type of magazine. I understand that because the rifle is single shot that it could have all of the features that are banned on semi-autos. This is a curiosity thing for me. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 3:12:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:14:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:44:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul: The bigger question is why? The possession of the M-16 parts and an M-15 in the same household would be bad thing. M-16 parts also cost a couple times more than a given set of M-15 parts which is a bad thing too. Soooo, why tempt time in the big house doing federal time to use over priced M-16 parts in a rifle that can't fire more than one shot at a time?
View Quote
I'll tell you why! DPMS has a pump action AR-15 out. A friend of mine with the Sheriff's office wanted to put M-16 parts in the lower to make it smiliar to an old Ithaca model 37 slam fire pump. Since the receiver on this DPMS gun can not possibly use a semi auto upper he wanted to know if it would be legal. The only way to find out would be to write ATF.
Top Top