Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 8:35:26 PM EDT
I may be moving soon out of Louisiana to Utah. Currently I have my NFA Items in my LLC.  Anyone with an LLC ever move out of state? What did you have to do re taking your NFA items with you besides a form 20? I can not seem to find any info. I was thinking of keeping my old LLC registered in Louisiana and just filing a foreign LLC in Utah but not sure if that is the best route to take. Please don't tell me to do trust. I would like to keep an LLC but don't want to have to pay a $200 tax stamp on each item again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The LLC still owns it. Look at what UT charges for your type of LLC.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The cost for an LLC in Utah is irrelevant. It's $70 and $15 per yr. What I need to find out is if I have to pay the $200 tax stamp on each item if I close the LLC in Louisiana and open the exact same LLC in Utah. I'm thinking I may have to leave it in LA and do the foreign LLC in UT.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The LLC is the same.  Nothing has changed. The LLC still owns the item. The location has changed and nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The LLC is the same.  Nothing has changed. The LLC still owns the item. The location has changed and nothing else.
View Quote

This.  You've just changed your corporate HQ to another state. Corporations do it all the time. (IANAL/TINLA).
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC you have to notify BATFE of location changes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top