Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2016 6:12:52 PM EDT

Yesterday, Governor Brown sighed several Draconian anti gun bills.

First, one law bans all magazines over 10 rounds, REGARDLESS of when obtained.  They must be turned in for destruction 1-1-2017, or sent out of state. Only Active and retired LEOs are exempt. Even Registered Assault Weapons will be limited to 10 rounds.Gone are the grandfathered pre-1-1-2000 high capacity magazines for RAWs or "featureless" builds.

Second, bans all semi-automatic, centerfire rifles with one evil feature (pistol grip, flash hider, collapsable stock), if it has a magazine over 10 rounds, and the magazine can be removed without disassembling the weapon.  No more bullet buttoned ARs.  If you obtained it before 1-1-2017 you have to register it as an Assault Weapon, sell it out of state before 1-1-2017, turn it in for destruction, or be arrested for a felony.

No evil featured semi autos are legal for the moment (M1 carbine, Mini-14 & Mini-30, Kel-Tec SU16, M1A, and SKS).

He also signed a bill banning internet purchases of ammunition, and requiring a background check on ALL ammunition and component purchases.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

This just seems appropriate..............

Hat tip to Tontogoldstein for the quote.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly it is appropriate...
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems that you can EITHER live in kalifornikation, OR you can live FREE. This is also why we MUST prevent hitlery klinton from seizing power. She has similar plans for ALL of us…
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Even Registered Assault Weapons will be limited to 10 rounds.
View Quote

Oh, nonsense! They PROMISED that we could keep our registered Weapons With Assault Weapon Features! They promised that these guns and mags would NEVER be compromised!

They scoff at "incremental gun control," saying it's absolute nonsense!

Yet someone once said "Mister and Mrs America, turn 'em in!"
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Please sell those mags don't turn them in don't try to sell them for high price either this needs to get done I would hate to see good high cap mags destroyed!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:57:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I happen to be in Ca this week and read the news this morning.  Another sad day for the former free men of Ca.  I am so glad I live in a free state and since I am here cannot find a reason to live in Ca.   The ocean and my family are great but not great enough for a move to this RAT RACE!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't.

Wait.

To.

MOVE!!!!

Seriously, CA is beyond fixing.
Unions and special interest groups run the state. Our schools don't teach, they indoctrinate.
It's not like the vast majority of people I run into here are "anti-2A". Outside of the idiot millennials who've been conditioned by the schools into believing the Liberal dream of Utopia and the soccer moms, people are either pro-gun, or simply apathetic.
Unforunately, the apathetic are the majority, and that is the true sin of California.

If you are living in a free state and are reading this, DON'T EVER STOP FIGHTING!
I know a lot of you laugh at CA and say "that wouldn't happen here", but, don't fool yourself. It can and will happen here if you let your guard down. Don't let your state turn out like this one. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to move until I retire, and I will need a free state to move to when I do!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please sell those mags don't turn them in don't try to sell them for high price either this needs to get done I would hate to see good high cap mags destroyed!
View Quote

What he said
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

First, one law bans all magazines over 10 rounds, REGARDLESS of when obtained.  They must be turned in for destruction 1-1-2017, or sent out of state. Only Active and retired LEOs are exempt. Even Registered Assault Weapons will be limited to 10 rounds.Gone are the grandfathered pre-1-1-2000 high capacity magazines for RAWs or "featureless" builds.

Second, bans all semi-automatic, centerfire rifles with one evil feature (pistol grip, flash hider, collapsable stock), if it has a magazine over 10 rounds, and the magazine can be removed without disassembling the weapon.  No more bullet buttoned ARs.  If you obtained it before 1-1-2017 you have to register it as an Assault Weapon, sell it out of state before 1-1-2017, turn it in for destruction, or be arrested for a felony.

No evil featured semi autos are legal for the moment (M1 carbine, Mini-14 & Mini-30, Kel-Tec SU16, M1A, and SKS).

He also signed a bill banning internet purchases of ammunition, and requiring a background check on ALL ammunition and component purchases.

View Quote

I hope someone sues to be financially reimbursed for the confiscation of a product that was obtained legally.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I happen to be in Ca this week and read the news this morning.  Another sad day for the former free men of Ca.  I am so glad I live in a free state and since I am here cannot find a reason to live in Ca.   The ocean and my family are great but not great enough for a move to this RAT RACE!
View Quote

We happened to be in a neighboring (free) state looking at vacation/possible retirement homes when we got the news that Brown fucked us. Made us a bit more serious in our quest. ( and please don't worry Arizona - we won't bring any CA bullshit with us.)

I figure I have a year and a half (till 1/1/2018) till I have to move my gear out of state. Gives me some leeway to find and outfit ( i.e. install a big assed/alarmed gun safe) in free America.

It is also a good thing I "never" owned any of those killer 30 clip ammunition holder thingies otherwise I would have an obligation to run down to my local pd and turn them in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hope someone sues to be financially reimbursed for the confiscation of a product that was obtained legally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possession of certain items is routinely criminalized, without a grandfather clause. For example, crack or bath salts.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Possession of certain items is routinely criminalized, without a grandfather clause. For example, crack or bath salts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was crack cocaine legal?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
WOW......I thought NJ was BAD!!!!!!......If Hillary is elected thats whats going to happen ALL ACROSS AMERICA!!!!!!.....Its going to have to be TRUMP just my opinion
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, crack never was (crack was invented after cocaine was generally criminalized). I should have said cocaine, which was legal and was commonly available until it was banned in 1914.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can't.

Wait.

To.

MOVE!!!!

Seriously, CA is beyond fixing.
Unions and special interest groups run the state. Our schools don't teach, they indoctrinate.
It's not like the vast majority of people I run into here are "anti-2A". Outside of the idiot millennials who've been conditioned by the schools into believing the Liberal dream of Utopia and the soccer moms, people are either pro-gun, or simply apathetic.
Unforunately, the apathetic are the majority, and that is the true sin of California.

If you are living in a free state and are reading this, DON'T EVER STOP FIGHTING!

" Unforunately, the apathetic are the majority, and that is the true sin of California  " .  

I know a lot of you laugh at CA and say "that wouldn't happen here", but, don't fool yourself. It can and will happen here if you let your guard down. Don't let your state turn out like this one. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to move until I retire, and I will need a free state to move to when I do!
View Quote

" Unforunately, the apathetic are the majority, and that is the true sin of California  " .  

No such thing as " sin "  , only justice or injustice . With that being said , justice does not come from the bench i.e. judges  either . Ultimately divine providence has the final say so , or natural law which ever one chooses to believe .

https://youtu.be/AolTbt9rHFw

Sadly , we live in the kafkaesque world where the insane are sane .
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Here is a simplified summary, based on reading the actual text of the bills as signed by the governor on the state's own legislative web page.

1) Centerfire rifles with detachable magazines (M1 carbine, Mini-14, M1A, Remington Model 8, Winchester Model 100, etc) are exempt from registration, as long as they do not have ANY evil features (see below)..

2) Any semi automatic rifle that does not have a fixed magazine (can not be removed without substantially disassembling the weapon) and that has an evil feature (pistol grip, collapsable stock, flash hider) is an Assault Weapon. No more can be bought or brought into the state after 12-31-2016. Those already in the state prior to 1-1-2017, have to be registered prior to 1-1-2018. That means even weapons with bullet buttons and mag locks will be banned after 12-31-2016. Registration is only $15 per person, no matter how many weapons you register.  Failure to register an Assault Weapon, and and possession of it after 1-1-2017 is a felony.

3) ALL Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are banned effective 1-1-2017, no matter when they were obtained. No more grandfathered pre-1-1-2000 high cap mags. ONLY active and retired Law Enforcement are exempt. They must be sent out of state or turned in by 1-1-2017. Possession, however, is only an infraction (like a stop sign ticket) and a $100 fine for first offense. I think 3rd offense it becomes a misdemeanor.

4) technically "featureless" ARs and AKs with pinned stocks, muzzle brakes and kydex paddle grips are still considered not to have evil features at this point, but their fate is uncertain, as there is worry that they may interpret the law as "originally designed," or designed to be fitted with... etc.

The good news (if you can call it that) is that if you register it, under the wording of the signed law, there in no differing level of assault weapons, so the bullet button becomes irrelevant and can be replaced with a standard mag button. No weapon is more assault weapon than another assault weapon because of features, etc.  If you read the law, it is actually very clear.Registered Assault weapons, however, can not be passed on to your kids, and must be sold out of state or turned in for destruction.

My M1 Carbine does not need registered. My Saiga IZ132 7.62x39 that I turned into an AKM, I can return to sporter configuration, and it won't need registered. My ARs will need registered, or be made featureless.

I have until December 31, 2018 to decide what I want to to. I am inclined to register my ARs and PTR91 HK G3 clone, just because featureless sucks. My Saiga, I will probably return to sporter. At any rate, I can legally run them as Assault Weapons after 1-1-2017, and hold off registering until the end of 2017. Then I will decide.

My magazines are all safe, since the Governor (under pressure from LEO organizations, I am sure) signed the version of the magazine ban that exempts active and retired LEOs (like me). He agreed that it is stupid to limit even law enforcement, when criminals and terrorists don't pay attention to magazine limit restrictions.

Conclusions. They are stupid laws, and I hate the laws. I firmly support the 2nd amendment, an do not think citizens should have to register rifle or be limited to 10 rounders.  The problem is, I don't want to be a felon, so I will comply with the law.  Just not sure what I will register, and what I will run featurelss.  We will see how that plays out before 1-1-2018.

There are a lot of old versions of the law that were since amended that are floating around.

Go to: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billCompareClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1135  for the Assault Weapon law

and go to   http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billCompareClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1135  for magazine law
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Does ANYBODY really believe that these guns will not be confiscated once they are registered?

Five years, maximum.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I will hold and store for anyone items you may want keep safe until you either move out of CA or the state regains it's sanity

regular testing, cleaning and fingering...free
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:42:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Seemingly, all of the pre-1994 AWB ban mags need to move from California to Massachusetts over the next year.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does ANYBODY really believe that these guns will not be confiscated once they are registered?

Five years, maximum.
View Quote

Reminds me of NYC antics.

How much industry has left for Nevada?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Five years, maximum.

Industry has been hemorrhaging from the PRK for many years.

I used to work at  Northrop Grumman in Hawthorne. It was a thriving community when I started there; when I left it was a ghost town.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Just chopped a Type 1 STEN mag into pieces for shipment to Connecticut, where he can weld them back together to a suitable length for a 10 rounder.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think they will be. The state will simply confiscate one when encountered and prosecute whoever happens to be in possession. It'll be just like the 86 MG ban, except at a state level. No one ever seems to do broad sweeping searches. I guess they think people would find that too offensive.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't think they will be. The state will simply confiscate one when encountered and prosecute whoever happens to be in possession. It'll be just like the 86 MG ban, except at a state level. No one ever seems to do broad sweeping searches. I guess they think people would find that too offensive.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was asking about ones once they are registered,  not unregistered guns. Are you saying once the "registered" guns are also made illegal it would still only be if you happen to get caught with one it would be taken? While that's possible in some places I suppose I have no doubt that there are communities in that State that would actively go get them.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

He was asking about ones once they are registered,  not unregistered guns. Are you saying once the "registered" guns are also made illegal it would still only be if you happen to get caught with one it would be taken? While that's possible in some places I suppose I have no doubt that there are communities in that State that would actively go get them.

View Quote
I was referring to unregistered guns after the close of the new AW registration period. I don't think they'll confiscate the registered ones.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh, nonsense! They PROMISED that we could keep our registered Weapons With Assault Weapon Features! They promised that these guns and mags would NEVER be compromised!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Even Registered Assault Weapons will be limited to 10 rounds.

IL is pretty bad too but in different ways. I mail all my ammo to UPS in IN and drive and pick it up to protest needing to FAX my FOID card lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top