Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2016 1:55:09 PM EDT
The buyer wants me to ship the kit to his address and the receiver to his FFL. Ok, but his FFL is in a different state than his shipping address. Seems fishy, can you shed any light as to the legality of this. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely sounds fishy. Look up FFL in his area for his shipping address and tell him you can only send it to them then see what he says.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The buyer wants me to ship the kit to his address and the receiver to his FFL. Ok, but his FFL is in a different state than his shipping address. Seems fishy, can you shed any light as to the legality of this. Thanks
View Quote

Nothing fishy, nothing illegal.

I would confirm the addresses though and make sure they are correct.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, just confirm the FFL here: https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

Nothing strange about any of that, unless it's some place with weird protocol like CA (for the receiver).
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you get paid.

He will have a nasty surprise when the FFL: cannot deliver his receiver to him out of state.
It is NOT a 'long gun' but an 'other.'

The law says long guns (ONLY) outside your state.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

He will have a nasty surprise when the FFL: cannot deliver his receiver to him out of state.

View Quote

The most likely scenario is he is sending the receiver to his residence state and the parts to wherever he is currently.

Did it several times myself since I have more than one home and do not hassle with dual residency documentation.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The most likely scenario is he is sending the receiver to his residence state and the parts to wherever he is currently.

Did it several times myself since I have more than one home and do not hassle with dual residency documentation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

receiver to his FFL. Ok, but his FFL is in a different state

He will not be able to pick up the receiver from an FFL in a different state.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

Or he can take the parts to the FFL, turn his "other" into a "long-gun" and FFL transfer can then take place across state lines (assuming the applicable state laws allow for such).
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

receiver to his FFL. Ok, but his FFL is in a different state

He will be able to if he legally resides in that state.

Or maybe he can buy from both states as he has residences in both states like I do. Or he is military and has more than one residence. Or maybe the FFL is an 07, and will make it a long gun with a different upper. So many legal possibilities.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or he can take the parts to the FFL, turn his "other" into a "long-gun" and FFL transfer can then take place across state lines (assuming the applicable state laws allow for such).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

FFL is a manufacturer? (07)
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

Numerous FFL's are, I'm simply providing one possibly legal option as to what is going on. I don't have a clue who the actual FFL is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Numerous FFL's are, I'm simply providing one possibly legal option as to what is going on. I don't have a clue who the actual FFL is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you get paid.

My attorney makes plenty of money from folks who try to evade federal laws.

By the time he gets involved things have gone from bad to a stinking pile.

He is very cognizant of BATFE rules and regulations.
He always has an amusing story about screws ups by people that should not better.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My attorney makes plenty of money from folks who try to evade federal laws.

By the time he gets involved things have gone from bad to a stinking pile.

He is very cognizant of BATFE rules and regulations.
He always has an amusing story about screws ups by people that should not better.

View Quote

What are you implying? Are you implying the OP should become a vigilante ATF agent and refuse the sale because the buyer COULD BE breaking the law? That's asinine.

There are many legal explanations for why the buyer is asking for what he is asking for, we're simply pointing those out so the OP knows it. If you have more information about the specifics of this situation then please share them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top