Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2001 7:50:52 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can read up on gun laws in Oregon? I'm moving to central OR in a few months.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about at location to read up on the laws, but if you have a specific question, I can try and answer it regarding what I know.

Topics off the top of my head:

CCW - Carry permits are issued by each county sherrifs office - if you can purchase a gun, you can get a permit. Need application, clean criminal record, fingerprints, $65/four years.

Open Carry - I really don't know about this one, but I've seen people do it. Even in the rural areas, I don't think it's a good idea. In urban areas, it's down right dumb, IMHO.

Gun Shows - All firearms transfers have to have a background check, doesn't matter if it is between private parties or not. The show usually has a designated FFl to run these, but of course there is a fee involved...and if NICS is down, yer SOL.

HTH

[edited cause it needed editing]
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

You answered my major questions.

On a similar subject, are there any good outdoor ranges (300 yd.?)or clubs in central OR? I'm spoiled by my local club.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
This website should help you out, Oregon State Shooting Association:

http://www.ossa.org

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top