Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 5:45:01 PM EDT
So USPS can't find my rifle it was being shipped to my ffl I've already created a case what now do I report it stolen?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So USPS can't find my rifle it was being shipped to my ffl I've already created a case what now do I report it stolen?
View Quote

Did you ship it?
If not, you don't report a thing.......it was never in your possession.
The shipper files the report.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Just kiss it goodbye! Fuckers lost a 1919 barrel for me and I never got a dime!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Check ebay
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
FFLs have 48 hours under 18 U.S.C. 923(g)(6) to report a theft or loss from their inventory to the ATF and local LE.  

I worked at an FFL when we had UPS lose a pistol sent to the mfr for repair.  They dragged their feet until we contacted local LEO and the ATF.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you ship it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ship it?

Doesn't sound like you shipped it. Who did you create a case with? USPS? That's not your position to create the claim, it's the shipper's job.

Was it insured for full value?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Doesn't sound like you shipped it. Who did you create a case with? USPS? That's not your position to create the claim, it's the shipper's job.
View Quote

This.  The seller needs to start the claim.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Update seller has filed a claim it has been 3 days and still nothing from USPS
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three days is barely enough time for them to start looking for it.

The last claim I filed with USPS took four months to resolve.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last claim with USPS was when I shipped a laptop back to Dell. I insured it for full replacement value and they lost it. Took well over a month, maybe even 2 months to process the claim and send me a check.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

How did you file a claim? USPS won't talk to anyone except the original shipping party.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How did you file a claim? USPS won't talk to anyone except the original shipping party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely, 100% wrong.

http://faq.usps.com/

Who can file a domestic claim?

A claim may be filed by:

•Either the mailer or addressee for damaged articles or articles with some or all of the contents missing. If the mailer files a damage claim for an article still in the possession of the addressee, the addressee is required to retain the damaged article and container (including packaging, wrapping, and any other contents received) until the claim is fully resolved. Only upon written request by the USPS must the addressee turn the materials over to a Post Office™ for inspection, retention, and disposition in accordance with the claims decision.
•Either the mailer or addressee, for lost articles, whoever is in possession of the original retail mailing receipt of the online label record or computer printout of the Web-based application.
•The Merchandise Return Service (MRS) permit holder only for MRS parcels that are registered or insured as indicated by the permit holder on the MRS label.
•The mailer only for Insured or Collect on Delivery (COD) parcels paid using the Electronic Verification System (eVS®). See DMM Section 705.2.9 for more information on eVS.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Stating that you're going to refer the case to the ATF may get some USPS oxygen robbers off their behinds.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Try USPS Inspection Service.  It is their investigative unit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top