Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2015 8:43:52 PM EDT
I started my trust & got that accomplished.I purchased a SBR from gun dealer locally & sent my documentation to BATFE.
2.5 months later I got a call from dealer saying my application was sent back for an error.
BAFTE sent the paperwork & $200.00 refund check soon after.
The dealer states over the phone that he is having the firearm transferred to me.
BAFTE states there is no current valid action in reference to that serial number.
Is this dealer giving me the runaround?
Can he resell the firearm even though I have paid receipt?
There is no way he can legally xfer this SBR to me correct?
I was unsure of where to post this question/request for advice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
<-- FFL/SOT

Is the dealer a Type 07 manufacturer and is the gun an SBR that he made himself and registered on a Form 2, or is he a Type 01 manufacturer and the SBR was transferred to him on a Form 3?

Does the information about the gun (make, model, serial #, barrel length, OAL, caliber) match the info on the F2 or F3?

Does the info on the F2 or F3 match what is stamped or engraved on the gun?

Did you see the error letter?  Usually if there is an error on the form, it can be fixed and the form re-sent.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
he is a Class 3 dealer & these 6933's he has are from factory.
they rejected because model was listed as M4 & BAFTE says it should have been 5.56
When I told him I was going to fix paperwork & re-send,he stated he had already had done so.
But he could not have done so,because they sent me the paperwork with photos & Trust info.
And he is not answering his phone at the business from me.I called from work & got an employee ,
but he wanted to refer me to the Manager,but he is the one dodging me(supposedly out of office)
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they rejected because model was listed as M4 & BAFTE says it should have been 5.56
Whut? 5.56 is the caliber.
When I told him I was going to fix paperwork & re-send,he stated he had already had done so.
But he could not have done so,because they sent me the paperwork with photos & Trust info.
ATF sends both dealer and transferee a copy of the error letter. Odds are strong that you got a copy, your dealer got the original.
And he is not answering his phone at the business from me.I called from work & got an employee ,
but he wanted to refer me to the Manager,but he is the one dodging me(supposedly out of office)
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF sends both dealer and transferee a copy of the error letter. Odds are strong that you got a copy, your dealer got the original.

Do they always send both parties a letter? I just had a form 4 sent back for no prints and they didn't send me anything just trust I was buying from.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do they always send both parties a letter? I just had a form 4 sent back for no prints and they didn't send me anything just trust I was buying from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I receive an NFA firearm for transfer, I complete my part of the Form 4 (as transferor) and give it to the transferee. They complete their part and mail to ATF with check and trust. Twice, I've had customers list their name and not the name of the trust as transferee.........ATF sent back the original to me with an error form that explained the corrections needed. The customer also received a copy. Once ATF sent me an error letter saying the model name was incorrect and did not match the Form 3..........uh, no it does. In all three cases I resubmitted the Form 4 and received the stamp 2-3 weeks later.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
That's how we did it but they didn't snd me anything. Also didn't give me the chance to correct it I'm not perfect but I have a hard time believing I didn't put prints in the packet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#7]
My customers have never received a copy of the error letter.  If the problem was something the customer had to fix I have always had to contact them as I was the one who received the letter and forms.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
BAFTE sent me the rejection & check.
Can FFL re-apply & pay the stamp cost himself?
I am very suspicious of him & not sure I want to complete the transaction
BAFTE states there is no pending information for the serial number
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BAFTE sent me the rejection & check. Did you submit the payment or did your dealer?
Can FFL re-apply & pay the stamp cost himself? Sure
I am very suspicious of him & not sure I want to complete the transaction Then maybe you better decide before he resubmits the Form 4.
BAFTE states there is no pending information for the serial number   Of course there's nothing pending........that's because ATF rejected the Form 4 and returned the check.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BAFTE sent me the rejection & check.
Can FFL re-apply & pay the stamp cost himself?
I am very suspicious of him & not sure I want to complete the transaction
BAFTE states there is no pending information for the serial number
View Quote

than trust your gut instinct and find a different dealer.  Trust me on that one....
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
finally got the rifle after last rejection.
BATFE rejected for model in box 4D model
listed as M4 just like the magwell is stamped ,but they insisted on AR15 in this box.
But when I called woman stated it is supposed to be exactly what is stamped on magwell.
Very confused with different explainations I got on the phone & never have received e-mail response from Ted or other contacts in this department
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top