Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 9:43:30 PM EDT
I am assured by an Internet friend that he lives in Pelican Bay and owns a non-gimped AR-15. He says the practice is common there and that they owe their freedoms to a little noted Federal commerce law. The nearest gun shop, apparently, is just across the state border in Oregon. They can therefore purchase non-California-compliant firearms and own them legally. They still have to register them and obey and observe all other State and Federal firearms regulations. But in Pelican Bay you can own an AR without the bullet button and a 30-round PMAG... though he confesses it wouldn't be advisable to travel too far south with it and start flashing it around.

Is my friend correct, or am I being put on?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Full of shit, but it's not like they send people around to check. Yet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am assured by an Internet friend that he lives in Pelican Bay and owns a non-gimped AR-15. He says the practice is common there and that they owe their freedoms to a little noted Federal commerce law. The nearest gun shop, apparently, is just across the state border in Oregon. They can therefore purchase non-California-compliant firearms and own them legally. They still have to register them and obey and observe all other State and Federal firearms regulations. But in Pelican Bay you can own an AR without the bullet button and a 30-round PMAG... though he confesses it wouldn't be advisable to travel too far south with it and start flashing it around.

Is my friend correct, or am I being put on?
View Quote

There's your first hint. If it were legal he wouldn't care who knew. Sounds like your friend is a gun store commando.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
He sounds like a politician.  Rules for thee but not for me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Idiot.

Nothing more nothing less.    State law is pretty clear on a resident of the state going out of state to buy any firearm and importing it back into the state.   Making it an AR or banned configuration firearm is just extra derp.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
What would he put as the address on the 4473?

444 I'm special lane?
I'm Special, CA
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the guy that told me that if you build an SBR out of an 80% lower, you don't need a tax stamp.

Maybe if you like prison butescks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top