Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 9:03:02 PM EDT
Does anyone know how long a person has to bring suit for a slip & fall injury in Michigan?

(icy hotel steps, missing days, documented impairment, etc)

Thanks,

AB
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know how long a person has to bring suit for a slip & fall injury in Michigan?

(icy hotel steps, missing days, documented impairment, etc)

Thanks,
AB
View Quote

I don't know but I wanted to wish you luck with injury healing. I am recovering from a sprained and broken ankle from slipping on the ice at my employers.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like it's three years, but I could be wrong.  I'm not licensed in Michigan, none of this is legal advice that you should rely on, and I don't know what I'm doing.

Your best bet is to consult a competent personal injury attorney licensed to practice in Michigan before relying on a bare statute.  There are plenty of other facts, laws and the way they interact and/or are interpreted that may affect your rights.  

Mich. Comp. Law Section 600.5805(10)
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Were the premises owned, leased, maintained or operated by any governmental entity?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top