Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2015 6:54:42 AM EDT
Among other things I want to turn one of my AR receivers into a SBR.  I've had the trust formed and executed so I'm good to go.  However, I am somewhat at a loss as to how to fill out the Form 1.  The law firm that created my trust won't answer any of my questions without a significant fee.  I was wondering if anybody here might be able to shed some insight.

The questions I have are as follows:

I currently have an AR pistol with a short barrel.  I wish to file a form 1 for my trust to make an AR15 short barrel rifle (using a different receiver than the pistol).  My intent is to utilize a receiver manufactured by Smith & Wesson that has the S&W logo as well as the S&W model number as well as a serial number already stamped on it.  I currently have a 16 inch upper on it so it is currently in a carbine configuration.

Box 4a - do I put the S&W information or the name of the trust
Box 4h - if I put the name of the trust in 4a, is this the box to put the information about the S&W manufacture of the receiver, model number &/or serial number?
Box 1d - Do I put the S&W model number here?
Box 1e & F - if my measurement is off (I don't recall if the barrel is 10" or 10.5" is this an issue.
Box 1f - how do I know the overall length without putting the 10.5" upper onto my current carbine lower (which I understand would be unlawful until I get the stamp)
Box 1g - this is the S&W serial number?

Does the fact that I'm going to engrave "HOMESTEAD TRUST, ANNANDALE, VA" on the receiver appear anywhere in the Form 1?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
This thread should answer all your questions.  After you fill out a form the first time it is easy after that.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread should answer all your questions.  After you fill out a form the first time it is easy after that.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/257740_Complete_Guide_of_how_to_complete_a_Form_1.html

View Quote

Thanks a lot!  You are correct, that answered all of my questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top