Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2015 6:08:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I got this far and stopped reading:  he next morning I called the number and spoke to the officer who told me that it may not have been me but it was definitely my car that he stopped.

Did you record him saying that?  Why would you pay for that ticket?  Fuck yes go to court.  Get him under oath....ask him if the call was recorded...as far as he knows....then follow up with this; ask him if he told you that "it might not have been you that he stopped".  Again, ask, do you want to revise testimony as, pulling me over on the day in question...or perhaps did you make a mistake.

All the while him thinking your about to pull out a tape recorded and forever ruin his career with perjury under oath....writing false tkt's...etc.

Again, I didn't read you post, but laws are different in different states, so you tell us..you going to pay that shit?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I read through the thread in the general forum.  I basically stopped at each of OP's post and ignored the rest.

My opinion, don't bother posting there anymore you already updated with the outcome, it was dismissed in the end.

I recommend the following and is only my opinion what I would do.

Don't bother pursuing it any further with the court.

Make several copies and scans of the documents dismissing the ticket etc..  Keep a good record of it.

Check your credit reports, by law you're allowed to get them free once a year per FTC: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports  If you suspect your identity may have been stolen you will have to pay for a service.

Maintain better control of your car keys from now on.

Double check your license plate numbers match what is on your vehicle registration.  Next time you renew your registration ask for a new plate number
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got this far and stopped reading:  he next morning I called the number and spoke to the officer who told me that it may not have been me but it was definitely my car that he stopped.

Did you record him saying that?  Why would you pay for that ticket?  Fuck yes go to court.  Get him under oath....ask him if the call was recorded...as far as he knows....then follow up with this; ask him if he told you that "it might not have been you that he stopped".  Again, ask, do you want to revise testimony as, pulling me over on the day in question...or perhaps did you make a mistake.

All the while him thinking your about to pull out a tape recorded and forever ruin his career with perjury under oath....writing false tkt's...etc.

Again, I didn't read you post, but laws are different in different states, so you tell us..you going to pay that shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You should really review all the evidence before giving legal advice. I didn't pay anything and I've already been to court and had the case dismissed, I'm wondering whether I should hire a lawyer to investigate.

Quoted:
I read through the thread in the general forum.  I basically stopped at each of OP's post and ignored the rest.

My opinion, don't bother posting there anymore you already updated with the outcome, it was dismissed in the end.

I recommend the following and is only my opinion what I would do.

Don't bother pursuing it any further with the court.

Make several copies and scans of the documents dismissing the ticket etc..  Keep a good record of it.

Check your credit reports, by law you're allowed to get them free once a year per FTC: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports  If you suspect your identity may have been stolen you will have to pay for a service.

Maintain better control of your car keys from now on.

Double check your license plate numbers match what is on your vehicle registration.  Next time you renew your registration ask for a new plate number

I have a free credit tracking feature on my capital one account. I've been watching it and I'm very confident my identity wasn't stolen, so that's a good thing. I was told I could just leave after the ticket was dismissed. I wasn't given any papers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It wasn't legal advice ....lol.

You can get your Credit Reports here for free.  https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action  This is the website set up by all 3 credit agency's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top