Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2015 9:10:46 AM EDT
So, my question is, who has the right to post your personal email onlilne except you, the owner?  And using it to harrass and belittle you is a type of "False light" situation, correct?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, my question is, who has the right to post your personal email onlilne except you, the owner?  And using it to harrass and belittle you is a type of "False light" situation, correct?
View Quote

The tort of "False Light" is fairly complex in its elements, and varies from state to state.   Being "belittled" isn't going to rise to the level of offensive conduct required for the tort.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone who got it.

Email is as secure as a postcard.  Don't put anything on the 'net or in an email that you wouldn't want your parents, spouse, kids, priest, or the cops to read.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless the person that released the email obtained it through unlawful means (hacking, stealing a device, etc.) the chances of any recourse are pretty slim.  

Also, never put anything in an email that you wouldn't want published on the web, read in a courtroom, or given to your grandparents.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hillary, Is that you?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you send him a copy?

He can do as he wishes with it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
do you  mean AN email, or email adress ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
If you sent it to him, he can post it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
What about the companies that sell email addresses to other companies that then spam you with advertisements?

I usually give out an alternative email instead of my personal email address to new companies, but it is a very common practice that they sell them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top