Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2015 4:48:14 PM EDT
I am not sure where to post this but i suppose this section will do and if its not the correct area I do apologize.

So not long ago i purchased a large lot of gun supplies, ammo, and other stuff and within this lot was 4 hollowed out grenades.

At the time i thought "Oh sweet grenades...". I have seen them at gun shows and such but i really don't know much about them or the legality of having them.

Right now they are sitting in the gun safe and each time i open the safe i wonder "WTH am i going to do with these?"

Here is a picture of the grenades (they are all hollowed out)

The pins are all bent do that you cannot pull them unless you really tried.

I live in Illinois and after a short amount of searching haven't found anything about their legality. I have seen some places say that to be legal they needed to be filled with something like cement but im not sure.

Also for those who know anything what else can you tell me about these?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
it's a state-by-state thing. In California it's illegal now, that was a recent law.

And don't even think about flying with them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What if you know someone that owns one that isn't hollowed out?

Should they hide thier dog?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I used one for a shifter knob on a HD I had many years ago. Nothing was ever said about it then.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck I'll buy the two on the right if you are looking to get rid of them.  They'd look good hanging on my WWII jeep.  Going price for dummy grenades is about $15-20.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of those at a gun show in Westchester county, NY (downstate) yrs ago.

Probably illegal in NYS now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Training grenade bodies with an expended fuse.

Exactly as dangerous as a rock of the same weight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone.

Not really interested in selling them at the moment just wanted to know a little more about them and make sure they were G2G.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone.

Not really interested in selling them at the moment just wanted to know a little more about them and make sure they were G2G.
View Quote

With the state of liberal ignorance-induced panic these days, it's probably a good idea to keep them undercover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top