User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2014 11:05:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
sell the entire lot to a best friend for a dollar and get a receipt
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
That is another option I was considering. My sister has a FOID card and I was thinking about transferring them over to her. The problem is that is who's house I am staying with now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#3]
She would have to b able to deny you access as in a safe, a friend sent them to an FFL for the same thng and was raped by the guy
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She would have to b able to deny you access as in a safe, a friend sent them to an FFL for the same thng and was raped by the guy
View Quote

What do you mean on the first part you said?

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is another option I was considering. My sister has a FOID card and I was thinking about transferring them over to her. The problem is that is who's house I am staying with now.
View Quote

Would it be legal if she had a safe that you didn't have the combo to to store them in?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess my biggest concern is can I transfer the guns to someone else instead of the police.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I would suggest you keep all your ducks in a row and expect the court to check your paper trail.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Im assuming that getting the Bill of Sale notarized would help or be required in this case.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Any option that allows you to legally transfer/sell your guns to a non law enforcement agency is better than trying to jump through all the hoops to get them from that agency later.  
Good luck OP.  And two suggestions if everything works out in your favor.  

1.  Move the hell out or your state.  
2.  Consider the situation that caused this may rear it's ugly head again and take appropriate action.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Bill of sale from lawyer shod suffice.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was ordered by a judge to surrender my firearms and FOID card (Firearms Owner Identification Card). This is all because of a Domestic dispute the state is charging me with. My wife didn't want to press charges but they are doing it anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was ordered by a judge to surrender my firearms and FOID card (Firearms Owner Identification Card). This is all because of a Domestic dispute the state is charging me with. My wife didn't want to press charges but they are doing it anyway.

What your wife wants at this point doesn't matter; most DV victims change their stories later.

Quoted:
Bill of sale from lawyer shod suffice.

This, or consign them with an FFL and use the proceeds to pay the attorney if needed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Why not consult with your attorney as to what you are legally aloud to do?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess my biggest concern is can I transfer the guns to someone else instead of the police.
View Quote

That's a question for the judge.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Typically these include a part that says "you must surrender all firearms you own on XX/XX".

You tell the court you had to sell all your weapons to pay for your defense. Very simple.

I am also curious how they are forbidding you to go to your house. I am guessing you have a protective order, since that will raise the Brady flag and forbid you from possessing any firearms. With that in mind, I am saying you are holding back or your wife is.

The state taking the role of the victim is quite common now. Thank the legal changes generated by O.J.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks guys.

If a couple people quoted me from the original post. Can you please edit your post and delete it. Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top