Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2014 8:50:05 AM EDT
If this is a dupe...Sorry plz give me a link to the right thread. I am driving from TX to Utah and will be stopping in Grand Junction, CO to see a friend. Do I worry about having hi-cap mags and being out of State? And  he would like to buy a Mak-90 that I bought for J&G's years ago. How does their stupid background check work?  Not sure I should even worry but I want to stay on the right side of the law.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If this is a dupe...Sorry plz give me a link to the right thread. I am driving from TX to Utah and will be stopping in Grand Junction, CO to see a friend. Do I worry about having hi-cap mags and being out of State? And  he would like to buy a Mak-90 that I bought for J&G's years ago. How does their stupid background check work?  Not sure I should even worry but I want to stay on the right side of the law.
View Quote

You can't sell it to him FTF, you need to go through an FFL
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Under Federal law, residents of different states may only transfer firearms between each other through an FFL. This has been true since long before the recent changes in Colorado law.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Colorado does allow you to buy rifles out of state.  Not handguns.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
every state allows you to buy a rifle or shotgun in an other state, but through an FFL
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
every state allows you to buy a rifle or shotgun in an other state, but through an FFL
View Quote

I think there are some states ( just a few) that only allow you to buy from states that share boarders with it.  I'm not 100% sure on this because I know some states that had these laws have recently been repealed and not sure if there are some that still have them in place.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, but that is changing, there was even a movement to allow you to buy handguns in another state
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think there are some states ( just a few) that only allow you to buy from states that share boarders with it.  I'm not 100% sure on this because I know some states that had these laws have recently been repealed and not sure if there are some that still have them in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio still has them in place.  OH residents can only buy long guns in OH or a touching state (MI, IN, WV, KY, PA).
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You might get better answers to your actual question in the CO forum.

But you cannot transfer a gun to him without using an FFL since you are NOT residents of the same state (and that is federal law).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top