Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2014 6:29:13 PM EDT
I own muscle relaxer/tens unit from Pinook USA. The FDA recently issued a mandatory recall on them. Mine is used and I have no receipt. I know it cost well over $100. Since this is a forced FDA recall are they obligated to refund me??? I called and they were less than helpful....seemed like a bunch of foreigners running it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night but my opinion is that if they're not refunding my purchase price or giving a FREE replacement then they're not getting it back!  "Mandatory" recall? WTH does that mean?  Did it suddenly become a violation of federal law to have one? I don't think so!  The mandatory recall is against the company and not the owners so the company is going to have to persaude the owners to return the devices them and that's doesn't mean by using threats!

IF I even wanted to bother with it, I would start by finding out who made the recall "mandatory" and I would contact them and find out what's actually going on. But I'm smelling a scam here. It sounds to me like this company wants to get all the devices back and for free. I suppose they'll turn around and resell them OR try to sell you a replacement unit at a MUCH higher cost.  FWIW I got a Tens unit last year and the cost to the insurance company was over $900 IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top