Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 12:22:18 PM EDT
On the application insturctions for a Florida CCW question 6, under the 7th bullet, states -

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/26365/504278/ConcealedWeaponLicenseApplicationInstructions.pdf

"Active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a firearm gained during your service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies you and provides your date of entry for your current active-duty period"

The way I understand this section is that I may use a copy of my orders as a substitute for a firearms safety class. Based off this interpretation I plan to go forward with my application sometime next week.

Any experience, comments, or suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not in fl but I just used my DD214 in place of a safety class here to get ccw.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
me too

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not in fl but I just used my DD214 in place of a safety class here to get ccw.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Weird.

I was active for 6 years and never once fired a pistol, rifle, or gun in any military-related capacity.
The closest I got was holding a .22 Ace for about 20 seconds

....learned how to put out all kinds of fires like a boss, though!
(Navy)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top