Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 10:33:33 PM EDT
I have a few questions I would like to ask the ATF Firearms Technologies Branch, and I am not sure how to word them.
I also have a few questions about submitting them.

Questions for ARFCOM:
Is it better to email me questions to ATF FTB or snail mail them?
If I email, do I include my address or just my name?
Is there a "legalese" way that I should write my letter/email?
How would you word this

Questions for ATF/FTB:
AFG on AR pistol ( I know, I would just feel better with the answer specifically addressed to me)
Making my AR pistol >26" with pin/weld muzzle device to change classification to "firearm" and allow VFG
Is it legal to actuate the trigger on a Semi Automatic firearm with an electronic solenoid that is wired to a switch that must be manually activated for each shot?
If yes to solenoid, would it be legal to have the solenoid actuated by a "multi-lobed" switch that would require constant cranking to continue firing like a Crankfire Systems(TM) ?

The solenoid questions are unrelated to the pistol questions, so I am not sure if I would need to write separate letters.

Thanks for your responses
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I would do both but I don't think it matters either way. I'd include my contact info. When writing the letters, be very specific in what you want to do. Draw pictures if you feel it necessary.  Not sure on the first item but I'm about 99.9% sure they're going to say no on the second. I believe there was a letter put out on that topic years ago, but I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Every time someone writes a letter to tech branch it gives those guys ideas on what to come after next.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every time someone writes a letter to tech branch it gives those guys ideas on what to come after next.
View Quote

They aren't that bad. After all, they didn't serialize, nor charge anyone with constructive possession of hamsters, after this letter was sent: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=1287546
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top