Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2014 5:44:34 PM EDT
I have been contacted for a job thru a well-known national staffing firm. I spoke with them this afternoon and they sent me one of those E-Sign documents to read over and "sign". There is a section that I don't quite understand and was hoping that some Arf lawyers could interpret for me:

What does that actually mean?

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
License = certificate(s) you need in order to do your job
License =/= CHL or any other firearm permit

Employment = job, job training, or job-related training
Employment =/= being an LEO (I think that's what that means)
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand why these definitions threw you.  They are - I'm guessing - defining "License" since they want you to list all the employment related licenses and certs you possess.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Means they really hate guns, even if you are an LEO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
That's kinda what I was thinking, you can't be employed as an LEO and be hired by then as well .... weird
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's kinda what I was thinking, you can't be employed as an LEO and be hired by then as well .... weird
View Quote

Without context, it's impossible to say.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I read it to mean you cannot carry even if you are LEO, like a reserve officer.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
More likely, they did not want the applicant to list POST certs.  Sheesh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top