Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2014 12:29:54 AM EDT
I lived in TN, purchased a new suppressor. Waited 10 month I was just notified that my stamp came back and I can pick up my item.
Problem is I moved to KY because of company job transfer. I asked the dealer and I was told no problem, return and fill out the form like I was still resident of TN.
My concern is if I do that I am thinking here that I have a falsified federal document.
Not relevant but more of an FYI here is I still own property in TN.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can still show residency in TN (some type of Gov't issued ID) you can fill out the forms at the dealer in TN as a resident.

Otherwise, an FFL can't transfer a firearm to an out-of-state resident with the exception of rifles and shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I lived in TN, purchased a new suppressor. Waited 10 month I was just notified that my stamp came back and I can pick up my item.
Problem is I moved to KY because of company job transfer. I asked the dealer and I was told no problem, return and fill out the form like I was still resident of TN.
My concern is if I do that I am thinking here that I have a falsified federal document.
Not relevant but more of an FYI here is I still own property in TN.
View Quote

Dealer is wrong.

There is a provision for dual residency. I would figure out a way to reside on the property you still own and pick up your can during this residency.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
It all really depends on what "I still own property in TN" means.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I still own a house that I rent out
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I would just call the ATF and ask them. They were cool the one time I put the wrong serial number on a form one. With the long lead times now, this has to happen often with addresses.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top