Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 4:50:05 AM EDT
Are these items available for purchase from family or friend?  I've looked through this website and I've also looked at the laws and I can't make heads or tails.  Was hoping someone could direct me to proper legal resources that spell it out in plain English.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I have no clue what I'm looking at because I'm just getting started on this subject. I need to do more research.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You could just buy this one.  

http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/ak47?set=32

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Or buy a house, same price in a lot of places.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could buy a whole block in Detroit.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
1) The firearm must have been registered in the NFRTR as a transferrable prior to May 19, 1986.

2) The buyer must be in a state that permits ownership of machine guns, not all do.

3) If the buyer and seller are in the same state then 1 Form 4 ($200 tax stamp) will be needed for the transfer.  If the buyer and seller are in different states then that's a two-stamp transfer from the seller to a transfer dealer in the buyer's state, then from the dealer to the buyer.

4) I would demand to see copies of all paper on the gun before putting down money.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
There is an exception to war received bring back weapons. You can get them registered after 1986 but you better have all the proper paperwork from the military, or its a no go
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is an exception to war received bring back weapons. You can get them registered after 1986 but you better have all the proper paperwork from the military, or its a no go
View Quote

Really? Please tell us what that law or regulation is!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
There was a court case a while ago for ww 2 weapon a widow had that were class 3. The atf denied the stamp. She had the paperwork from the army. The atf  was forced to make it legal with stamp for transfer. You must have the capture paper work from the army and if it is pre 1986 you can still get a stamp. Hard to do. But it can be done. Sorry don't have the case number. But it is true.   You had better have the proper documents or it is a no go.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There was a court case a while ago for ww 2 weapon a widow had that were class 3. The atf denied the stamp. She had the paperwork from the army. The atf  was forced to make it legal with stamp for transfer. You must have the capture paper work from the army and if it is pre 1986 you can still get a stamp. Hard to do. But it can be done. Sorry don't have the case number. But it is true.   You had better have the proper documents or it is a no go.
View Quote

The fact is that the registry is sooooo screwed up that if you're a really good B.S.er you could probably get just about anything added.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't own a machine gun, but I would feel more comfortable going through a dealer.

Giving someone tens of thousands of dollars and a long wait time doesn't jive with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top