Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 7:37:47 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me if a Sheriff of C.O.P. signature is required for an SBR.  I am under the imperssion no, just file the Form 1 and no signatures are necessary.
Also, I have not seen a Form 1, do you have to have the lower and serial number to fill out the form one?
One more question.  If it is registered as an SBR, can it have a collapsable stock if it is a post ban lower.  There seems to be a contradiction here.  The SBR removes the 26" length requirement, but the post ban lower under normal circumstances can not have one.   So pistol grip, DM are its two evils, does this mean that if post ban, it could have a collapsable stock if it were pinned at any position.

Thanks
CHZ
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
CLEO signature is required for a Form 1 or a Form 4, if you're a 'natural person' - not if you're applying as a corporation.

You have to indicate on the Form 1 how you will mark the lower when you make it - including making up a serial number.

If the SBR is made from a post-ban lower, and it has a detachable mag and pistol grip, it can't have a collapsing stock.  Any post-ban can have a "Fixed" collapsing stock for looks, though, or you could remove the pistol grip and use a real telestock.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 3:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Chazz,

The signature line for your CLEO is on the back of the Form 1 and it must be filled out.  If a designee signs for him/her, the full name of the signor and his title must be printed next to or under his signature.  Don't forget the fingerprint cards and the passport photos (and of course the check made out to "Dept. of Treasury").

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]

When doing the Form 1, you will adopt the existing as provided by original manufacturer (COLT, BUSHY,etc), you do not have to specify how you will mark, just remove the pistol grip,
engrave your first initial, last name, city and state, on the large "flat", reinstall grip and have a nice day. Post lower has to retain all post features, though the rifle will just be shorter overall.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Please clarify.  When filling out Form 1, do I already have to have the lower in order to specify the serial number, or can Form 1 be filled out prior to purchasing the lower?

Thanks
CHZ
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#5]
CHAZZ, your e-mail address is no good, board set-up would not set-up, got a unable to deliver. If you would, use the "e-mail user" icon to contact me (SBR 7/11) and I will call or you call me and I will explain a Form 1 for you. Go back into edit profile and correct your info.   HAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top