Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2001 11:03:19 AM EDT
Is it legal to bring parts of hi cap magazines from other countries back into the US?

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding that it is legal.  However, if you assemble it into a Hi Cap mag here then it would be illegal, because you manufactured one.  I had thought about doing that it the past with Para Ord mags, and was told that it would be illegal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, but what about us poor lost Canadians.  I have only a couple of 30 round mags that I have blocked to 5 rounds to comply with Canadian Laws.  I also have 5 thirty rounders that I bought in the states and took apart to bring them into Canada.  I am going to a 3 gun match in Michigan at the end of the month and was planning on taking my 30 rounders there, putting them back together and haveing a GREAT TIME....Trust me 3gun with 5rd mags in TOUGH!!
Sooo Can I take them and then bring them home agian or am I going to spend time in  Michigan jail??
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, but a great deal on Thermold rebuild kits wouldn't be out in that case.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Stormbringer,

I was just wondering where is this 3 gun match you are going to go to in Michigan. Is it at the Bluewater Sportsman Assoc. on the 23rd or something like that. If so I plan on being at that match also. If you want I will bring some of my mags there and let you use them. I would be more than happy to help out a fellow Canadian seeing Im going to be living in Canada soon. That way you wont have to worry about the mags and Customs.

Six
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Six, that would be great!!

And people wonder why I like guns so much..

Could it be because gun owners are the BEST People!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top