Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2001 10:29:01 PM EDT
Opinions? Yes, No, Hell No!!
[uzi][heavy] [pistol] [rocket] [shotgun] [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It is written so that it automatically sunsets 10 years after taking effect.  Will the congress renew it or make it permanent?  Probably.  They're going to try, and only gun-owner activism or a lucky break with the supreme court can keep it from happening.

Get active, write your reps, donate to GOA and even NRA.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#2]
isnt there another election in 2002 which could add or subtract more progun politicians into the congress?
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
i really hate to say this but i realy doubt it will sunset what will happen is that they will quitly make a vote on it or amend it to the end of another bill and so no one will notice
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The ban will sunset on Sept 13, 2004, about 7 weeks before the next presidential election. Any Senator or House Rep that refuses to vote for an extension or replacement will be publically attacked
View Quote
with that said and all the extracurricular activities going on in the high schools recenlty I doubt it will sunset.. sad but true.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
2 factors to think about -- 1) some democraps want to get away from the gun control issue, seeing how it hurts there chances in some states.
2)the NRA should (hopefully) be there to remind all the congressional members what happened last time when this law was voted in

in 4 years hopefully the trend of 'skool shootings' will have died out as a fad, and future elections MIGHT strengthed progun numbers. and since this happens in an election year some members of congress might be too busy trying to get re-elected that they wont even think about this law, gun and crime issues was almost non-existent in this past election.

its too early to tell, it could go either way
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately when rights or lost it usually takes blood and bullets to get them back. Frowns and harsh words usually will not do the trick. I doubt that the 94 crime bill will be allowed to sunset [uzi].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top