Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2001 10:40:39 AM EDT
They said they're working on registrations recieved on Dec. 29. I am getting so frustrated! My AR is collecting dust. I really hypothetically have been considering getting a lower and building another AR. It was dream I had last night. Do you guys like my dream?
Trolls kiss my a$$

Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be well within your 2nd amendment rights to make that dream a reality.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
...Has anyone heard of sheeple herders physically checking for registration at ranges in case some dreams become a reality???
A reality in my next dream of course
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys need to move out of Kali so that we can break it off from the nation and sink it and the morons in charge of it into the ocean!
[:D]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Build yourself an 80%er!

I have never heard of anyone having their "papers" checked anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Not quite sure what an %80er is. I assume it refers to leaving the rifle unfinished. My dreams are very elaborate and they usually are complete dreams.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you should build a second rifle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
FAL, AK, another AR possibilities seem endless. An AK would seem to draw more attention, not good if someone wanted to do that.
Thanks for the replies guys, feel free to add to this post.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Roberts,
Are you saying you are not shooting your AR because you haven't received your papers back from DOJ?

Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun owners its Time to leave CA..Thank GOD I live in PA.Too many Anti-gunners in CA. Just think how many anti-gunners will   dissapear when it falls into the Pacific...Can't wait for that day    
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Atomic Punk,
that is correct.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Residents of Pennsylvania and every other state:

Consider yourselves immune at your own risk.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
If you sent in the registration forms but haven't got them back you're still OK to shoot the AR's. Of course it may be too late, but if you knew you were going to be afraid to take them out you could have xeroxed the registration form before you sent it in and carried it with you. Many people I know and myself included have shot ours at public ranges before our papers came back. In the worst case, say an LEO takes it (while legitimately using it at a range), you get on the phone to DOJ and after they trace your registration you're clear!
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
might be hard to trace your registration if its still in a pile of other forms and un-openned, id wait, i would think they would be close to getting them all done.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Why do these laws become reality?  Maybe we all spend to much time watching our computer screens & not enough time watching those who dream up these laws ???
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#16]
[}:D] [sniper] SHOOT IT!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why do these laws become reality?  Maybe we all spend to much time watching our computer screens & not enough time watching those who dream up these laws ???
View Quote

They become a reality because, in spite the reality of the real world, the news media spins the truth so that any legislator who votes against restrictions is an evil person.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine (confirmed or denied) still hasn't gotten here.
One local gun store is telling folks to make sure they have their reg if they go to the public range, as CalATF is watching from a nearby hill and pulling folks over when they leave.  
Sounds doubtful to me.  If they haven't processed all the registrations yet, how can they be checking folks for them yet?  Then again, why do I ask...I live in KA...home of the most screwed up laws on the planet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

One local gun store is telling folks to make sure they have their reg if they go to the public range, as CalATF is watching from a nearby hill and pulling folks over when they leave.  
View Quote

Now that's bullshit. . . The Cal-DOJ doesn't have the funds or the manpower to monitor the public ranges much less park their fat asses on a hill looking for "AUTOMATIC WEAPONS"
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Public ranges aren't really "Public" unless you're shooting on Nat'l Forest or BLM land. Public ranges are private and the ranges around here would not be cooperating with Cal DOJ if they asked to check papers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#21]
DOJ doesnt have to go after the gunowners which would take a lot of manpower and money.  They could always come up with a law that will require gun ranges to check registrations then send in undercovers to see if the ranges check.  Just like like with alcohol and tabacco.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]
KC--

Yep it sounds like a loud of bovine scatology to me too.  

Anyone else still waiting on their reg?
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting. It's been over 4 months since I mailed it in. The check was cashed in January. E-mailed them and they replied that there was a large amount of applications that came in at the same time. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow (later today).
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Know of someone who sent in the form in Jan (AR) and is still waiting. Scary part is, without my ranting and raving about the F*cked up laws, he would have been clueless.  There was NO promotion of these laws, creating Felons overnight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Called the DOJ this AM. They located my card and said there was a problem with the application. On the card there is a section asking type. I filled in AR-15. The rifle in question is a Colt Match Target. The red flag was raised because any Colt that says AR-15 on the reciever was supposed to be registered a long time ago and would not be legal to register now. All my other SURs' were listed by type as AR-15, AK-47, etc. and presented no problems with the DOJ. My reg is now on the way to me. So, if you haven't recieved your reg yet, maybe you should give them a call.

The person that helped me was very polite and friendly. (916)227-3274.

I am kind of curious as to why they didn't call me to straighten this "problem" out though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#26]
While the rumor is not confirmed, I was personally advised at a certain range (run by the Cal. Dept. of Forestry (public range on public land (contrary to a previous poster))), that there was a marked CDF truck coming up, and to have my papers handy in case questions were asked.  

A little later, with the truck nearby, the same guy advised that it was OK, that the driver was cool, and he wouldn't do check.  To me, it seems that there was some cause to say this, as I am a regular at the range, and they want me to keep coming back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my registration today!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I called them today and spoke with the lady there Told her that my check had been cashed and i have not received my paperwork.She looked it up and told me that it just hasnt been processed yet but was not in the problem files and that they are just backed up should be getting it in about two weeks.She was very nice on the phone and said that there were no problems with it but to be patient.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I talked to the same woman today too, and was told the same thing. I had to re-submit in early January, so it looks like they are getting to the last apps and we will finally get our papers in a couple of weeks or less!!

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I just called that phone number.   Told her that I mailed it in January.  She told me to call back in a month since they are so behind.

She also told me that it is ILLEGAL for me to use them until i receiv mye confirmation papers and suggested that i leave them at home.

I politely asked, but she wouldnt even try to look it up on the computer to see if theres any problems with my registration.... WTF !!!!!!!!

Feeling distressed and frustrated,
-----BH

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Atomic Punk:
If you sent in the registration forms but haven't got them back you're still OK to shoot the AR's.
View Quote

I just called the CaDOJ, and the lady i talked to today said it was ILLEGAL to shoot them until I received my registration confirmation.  Perhaps, I was talking to a dumb office clerk.  

BTW I did photocopy my registration card and saved my certified-mail receipt.  They also cashed my check a month ago.

Still distressed and frustrated,
-----BH

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:46:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Bush Hamster,
I don't understand why you haven't got papers back but since you have documented your registration and certified mail you should be more confident of going out and shooting the rifle, I would and did.

Of course, calling up the DOJ and talking to a lady on the phone got you that response of shooting it is illegal, I would expect that from them. Call your county sheriff and ask them what they would do.

I sent mine in at the last minute last year and have had registration papers since early February. I shot it several times before the papers came back. I'm not telling you to do what I did but it sure distresses me that people are so afraid of this thing. Please, talk to some local law enforcement people if you're this concerned.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Finally called CA DOJ (yep, I'm slow).  I seem to have forgotten to sign my card when I sent it in, so they're sending it back.  The nice woman on the line said they would be sending out a number of letters shortly for this type of thing (missing caliber, sigs, etc.).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top