Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 1:26:10 AM EDT
I was loking at the TUBB 2000 [url]http://www.zediker.com/[/url] and got to thinking: could you bypass the 1994 ban and get the "evil" features on an AR if it were converted from semi-auto to bolt action? I know this wouldn't appeal to you SHTF types, but perhaps many Californians or New Jerseyans, etc. could benefit form such a design, esp. if they are reserve/ ANt. guard types who just wnat to practice with the right ergonomics and characteristics of their issue rifle. Thoughts?

Adam
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
well California would still be hosed becouse there law states a ar style reciever etc etc

but my question is how would you do it? what part would you dissconnect
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Remove the gas tube and plug the gas port with something.  In a pinch, you could cut the gas tube off before the bend, and install it upside down, to block the port.

You can also make your magazine non-detachable in some manner, to bypass the ban (no detachable magazine means not an AW under the federal law) and have all the evil features you want.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Or you could check out the DPMS pump action AR that bypasses the problem too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as NJ is concerned, we're allowed to own any post-ban AR we want, but it still is a cool idea.  BTW, about how much do they cost??
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As far as NJ is concerned, we're allowed to own any post-ban AR we want, but it still is a cool idea.  BTW, about how much do they cost??
View Quote

Looks kind of expensive according to the response I got to my post in the competition forum. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=11854#lastPost[/url]

Still, that is for much more than the action - I really do want to know about that rifle from the overall comp. standpoint - just wanted to show you guys the action part.

Adam
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
well California would still be hosed becouse there law states a ar style reciever etc etc

but my question is how would you do it? what part would you dissconnect
View Quote

I am curious - how does Kalifornia law define "AR style receiver"?

Proud Texan,

Adam
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
For Kali AW ID, there are links to PDFs at the bottom of this page:

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/awguide/index.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top