Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 6:12:03 PM EDT
what does it take to become a class2 manufacturer? can this be done on home property workshop?FFL's on home property store?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't take much, but you'll definitely need commercial or industrial zoning for your place of business; you cannot use your home or a place of residential zoning.  I think (not completely sure here) the annual fee for manufacturing is $50 and the SOT is another $500 per year.  Additionally, there may be some sort of licensing fee imposed by the State Dept.  - I don't know too much about this one, but I do remember reading something about it posted by Doc Dater of Gemtech on the subguns board.  As I recall, that one was mandatory, even if you did no import/export and was another couple hundred bucks a year.  Finally, you'll need to be able to show some sales or some sort of bonafide effort at making sales -you cannot obtain a license just to expand your own collection.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I was just approved today for my Type 07 out of my house.

The property doesn't have to be zoned commercial, OR be a commercial storefront - you just have to show that your use of the property is not against any zoning restrictions in your area.  If you live in an unzoned area, you're home free.

As a manufacturer, you'll need to be manufacturing and selling guns, paying your excise taxes on the guns you make, and showing a profit to keep your license.

Once you've gotten the Type 07 FFL, the Class 2 SOT is just a yearly tax you pay to transact business as an NFA manufacturer.

Yearly mfg license is $50, yearly C2 SOT is $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top