Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To this day, when a situation is especially fucked up, I say, "Welcome to hell, here's your accordion."
And you and I may be the only two people who would get this...I used to say it too but got tired of having to explain it to the 20 somethings who have never heard of Larson.

I say it once in awhile too, so I guess there's 3 of us.
Could there be a 4th? I am getting excited..

I'm going to start...
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
More please.

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cows bent over, studying crude drawing of farmer with major cuts of meat marked out, farmer stopped short just inside the door...

"For a long moment, there was total silence in the barn....."
and somewhere off in the distance a dog barked.

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had a job working on MRI machines once upon a time. I'm a fairly smart guy. When I heard I was getting an interview with the company I read all the books the library at the local college had on MRI. Both of them. I was able to impress the field service director enough to get the job. I spent my first week on the job watching in-house training videos on NMR physics and talking to the phd's in the physics department. I came home the second night on the job thinking I was in way over my head. When I came home the next night my wife gave me a coffee cup with the following Far Side on it. 14 years later I can still explain how MRI works in very simple terms and a bit of hand waving.

http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSci102/images/brain_full.gif

MRI is easy - the patient goes in, the pictures come out

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#5]
is Gary still drawing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Wonderful! Just wonderful.  So much for  instilling them with a sense of awe.
I wish there was a better pic of this one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had a coffee mug with this one since college.  "The Real Reason Dinosaurs Are Extinct"

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Pearls Before Swine

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The Dr. Fun comic strip by David Farley had some good one's also, but they were not as consistently good as Larson's. He stopped doing them in 2006. His entire run of comic's is here, http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/archive.html

This first one is well suited to GD here in ARFCOM

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#12]

This is my all time favorite
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bear is smiling while getting a drink, hunter shoots bear and then had Bear stuffed in a posed ferocious look, to me it is Anti-Hunting but I could be wrong ?

Doesn't seem anti-hunting to me.

Seems like he's poking fun at how people like to exaggerate (big fish that got away story) or otherwise embellish... thus the bear who didn't have a clue gets stuffed to look like a bear that was about to rip the hunters head off when it got shot at 5 yards.

::shrug:: But I could be wrong.

This.  That is exactly why it is funny.

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the best threads in awhile. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have always liked the one "Central Park Squirrels" but I can't find it online.

BigDozer66

I don't know where it is online, but I remember that one.

"Wat iz diz?  I give you two nuts yesterday and you sez you gonna pay me back today!  You want I should break your incisors or wat?"

"Hey, I get da nuts, I get da nuts, I just needs a little time, Squeezle!"

That is the one!

I will have to get my Complete Far Side's out and look.

BigDozer66

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top