Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2001 3:14:00 PM EDT
I have been trying to research a rifle I picked up a short while back. It is a beautiful Remington Model 1917 Enfield. If I had to guess, I'd say it is in pretty close to unissued condition. The blue is about 90 to 95 % and the walnut stock is just wonderful considering the year of mfg. It has a few minor scratches and dings. It even has the original sling.

I know one of you sharpies can probably give a clue to it's worth. I paid $325 for it. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
local shop has a beauty for $500. was tempted, but wasn`t willing to pay that much. it`s still there though, so? anyway, it seems they are getting scarce and therefore possibly why the price is going up. what a great gun. i`d hang on to that one!.........[beer]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! It is in super condition. The wood kinda reminds me of the wood on a new M1A. It's got a real nice color and grain, and it looks almost new. I'll try to get a good picture of it to post. My digital camera sucks though. :)
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
bought a rem 1917 that was sporterized last year for a steal of $50 sold it for $250 after I found out it was chambered for 300 wthby mag ( cost to much to shoot) but they are great rifles. I'd say you got a good deal and a great rifle.hang on to it.  

later
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one that was passed down in my family. I don't know if it's a Remington or not, but it is stamped:

U.S.
MODEL OF 1917
EDDYSTONE
887***

Anyone know where I can get a scope mount for this that does not require drilling???
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
AR..there is someone out there that`s into the enfields. if i can pick back up on it, i`ll let you know, or one of the other guys might pass it on to you.......B&G
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
AR, The 1917 is a copy of the Enfield pattern 1914. The main MFGs were Remington,Winchester, and Eddystone.Enfield even made some in 30.06 during WWII.
I believe Eddystone was the arsenal in PA. I have an Eddystone, and a Remington and both are fine shooters
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Decent 1917's are extremely hard  to find lately. In my area a WW2 rebuild in average condition costs around $400 and people are paying even more for win and rems. An Original WW1 condition REM for $325 is a steal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top