Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There'll be people now that'll say a.300WINMAG or .30-06 ain't enough.

Funny you should mention that. Last time I was at the range, there was a guy there shooting a 30-378 Weatherby. When someone asked him about it, he said that he used to shoot a 300 Weatherby but "It wasnt enough"! Dont know what the hell he was shooting but there damn sure isnt anything in Oklahoma that needs that. Especially in a sporter weight rifle. The best part was, I watched him shoot at least 40 rounds, and only put a single round into his 16 X 24" target (100 yards from a bench!)

It doesnt matter how much power you have, if you arent putting it into the boiler room, you might as well be using a fly swatter.

I bought a .458 winchester magnum from a guy who was only 5'7" and maybe 150#. It was 3 feet to the left at 50 yards.
I don't know what the hell the problem was, but the rear sight was all the way to the right by the time I could get it on paper.
No noticable bend in barrel. If I lived where there is a gunsmith, I might have had them look at it. But I got it to shoot "good enough".

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Retarded, according to math the .600 overkill has energy output of 11,000 ft/Lbs, while the .50 BMG has 15,000
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch.

That looks like shoulder fired artillery, not a rifle round.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well guys, I'm about to try it out. There's a woods in the middle of my suburb that has deer in it.... wait
Quoted:

Sad thing is someone with more money than brains is going to go hunting deer in suburbia with one.

What's that supposed to mean?!

It simply means that in the wrong hands theres a chance that someone with no idea of the penetration capability could shoot a deer without any regard to whats a mile down range and end up killing someone, after the bullet goes thru several houses. It happens with std. calibers now.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top