Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2001 2:22:17 PM EDT
Went To Gun Show To Buy Some Powder  Nope Didnt Have None Out Of Primers And To Kick The Whole Thing Off They Didnt Even Have Any D#*n Paper Targets Think Im Done For Gun Shows!!They Suck
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
what show did you go to gator?.mmk
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you expect your gun shows to be as fully stocked as a good gun store?  I bet a local shop might have the powder, primers, and targets you want.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You think your show sucked?  I just got back from one here in New Orleans.
Orlite 30 rd - U$50
Colt 20 rd new - U$70
Calico 9mm Carbine - U$1990
Walther P99 - U$699
SA 300rd Battle back - U$50

People were wondering why I was laughing the whole time walking in the aisles.
Did find some cheap Fiochi .40 ammo though so it wasn't a total waste of U$6.

Fritz
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Fritz the Cat:
You think your show sucked?  I just got back from one here in New Orleans.
Orlite 30 rd - U$50
Colt 20 rd new - U$70
Calico 9mm Carbine - U$1990
Walther P99 - U$699
SA 300rd Battle back - U$50

People were wondering why I was laughing the whole time walking in the aisles.
Did find some cheap Fiochi .40 ammo though so it wasn't a total waste of U$6.

Fritz
View Quote

OUCH, $50 for an Orlite!  You gotta be kidding!

Some guy wanted $4500 for an SP89, I almost laughed, until I realized he was serious, I just walked away without another word.

Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, gun shows can be a real sham or jewel. Last few I have seen, it depends on what you're looking for and want.  If you've priced shopped local shops for the same items (did your homework), ya know what to expect.  Always do your homework before buying, getting anything.

Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Who here thinks the MWG 90rd drum is on par with the BetaCmag?

One vendor sure did when they were priced nearly identical at around $550!!!!

Now everyone knows how the mag prices are out of this universe, but I used to pay $50.00 for them from Natchez.  

Mags these days sell for around 5-6 times what they used to be and the prices are somewhat stabilized.

The MWG 90rd drum is the eXception?  Over 10 times what it used to be?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The last one I was at, an idiot from Olympic Arms was there, ( Tom Spithauler?).  He refused to replace a loose comp the was blown off the end of my buddies new oly ar's barrel and ruined.  He said," they are loose from the factory in case you want to remove them, you shoulda checked it".  No kidding
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool username "lonegunman".

BTW, are you an X-Files fan?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Gator,

There are quite a few people that have places that you can download targets off of the "net".
I know there are a few at ammoman. I don't know how to post urls on this new board yet.
Some of the ones that I had bookmarked came from people on this board that had their own websites and were quite good. I haven't tried those links lately. Tip: print one off of your home printer and take them to the cheapest copy shop around and make copies unless you want to buy new ink cartridges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top