Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:25:08 PM EDT
Good evening,

I'm on the hunt for another bottle of VAT 69.  I've checked all over the Chicago-land, Southeastern Wisconsin area and I can not find it.  Nor do any distributors that I have talked to know where to find it.  I haven't had much luck searching for it on the internet either.  

Here's a picture of the two that I have already.

I'm saving these two for a special occasion.  

Does anyone have a clue to where I can locate another bottle?

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP!
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Lewis Nixon, is that you?

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that stuff just a plot device, or does it really exist?
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I liked that show too.

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have bought it in San Antonio liquor stores before.  It taste like ass and lasted forever.  I did not enjoy drinking that shit.  I only bought it because it was on BOB.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Pic fail, I went on a hunt for VAT 69 a while ago, I got some by having a liquor store order it for me
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
WHo the hell do you think you are, anyway?

Lewis Nixon?

I'll check in DE and PA when I get off. See if you can locate a jug of Crested Ten for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish!
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm pretty sure you can find some by randomly breaking into German houses.

Never had it.  How is it and how much we talking?  ETA. I guess they ship, listed in British Pounds VAT 69 and here
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lewis Nixon?

I'll check in DE and PA when I get off. See if you can locate a jug of Crested Ten for me.

Beat 'ya.

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know what it tastes like.  The two bottles I have are unopened and still sealed.  I actually obtained these two in the Philippines.  One has a tax stamp dated 2004 and other is dated earlier, perhaps late 1990's?
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that stuff just a plot device, or does it really exist?

It really exists, and really existed "back then".

I'll keep an eye out, OP.  I've seen it in some of the stores hereabouts, I just have to remember which

This from the wiki:

In 1914 Sir Ernest Shackleton took supplies of Vat 69 on his Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, stating that it would be used for medicinal and celebratory purposes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#15]
If, and that is a HUGE if you actually knew what you wanted, you would know that you might as well order a case of bowmans...your drink of choice has been nothing but ruin forever.

If you must have GOOD economical liquer...I suggest a bourbon (early times is the best cheap bourban there is), or an Irish whiskey (in which case save your money noob) A reg 1/5th of ok irish whiskey is > or = the best bourban you've had...But you wouldn't know that, would you?
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lewis Nixon?

Vat 69 is vile stuff, when I saw it on Band of Brothers I was kind of disappointed that he drank that swill.

As for Crested Ten, I've never been able to find it outside of Ireland, but the last time I checked London was around 2000.  It can be ordered, but until I find it locally I will rely on friends bringing it back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Special occasion?? I assume you mean after your girlfriend/wife cheats on you, police shoot your dog and your house burns down so you decide you might as well finish off the night with some shitty whisky?

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#18]
From what I've been able to find out, Vat 69 is still in production.

You should probably try to find out which distributor in your market carries it, and arrange to have some sent to a local shop.

If distributors aren't in the Yellow Pages, go to a liquor store where you can talk to the people, and ask if they have a Beverage Journal, which lists what is available, and who distributes it, then go from there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
You want to find something tasty rather than paint thinner with a cameo role?  Find me a bottle of Brugal Extra Viejo rum.

The standard Brugal doesn't compete real well with... Well, much of anything.  The EV is fantastic though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From what I've been able to find out, Vat 69 is still in production.

You should probably try to find out which distributor in your market carries it, and arrange to have some sent to a local shop.

If distributors aren't in the Yellow Pages, go to a liquor store where you can talk to the people, and ask if they have a Beverage Journal, which lists what is available, and who distributes it, then go from there.

It is,and it is on the bottom shelf

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I spell my name "Danger".
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw it a lot in southern France and northeastern Italy when I was over there in 2006.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Nah, my wife would never cheat on me.  I don't own a dog and I live in an apartment.  

I've been laid off for four months and I accepted a new job offer today.  

Perhaps today is that special occasion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top