Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 9:33:18 AM EDT
This guy use to be a great read, his main focus was on the dangers of Islamist extremism, but as a general philosophy he came across as mostly libertarian, pro Israel, pro defense of the US, etc.

Now, the guy's got Obama mania.   He's as "flip flopped" as Andrew Sullivan.  

What a god damn shame.   He's gone full retard.   Every story over at littlegreenfootballs is a lefty spin.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
is he black?  Could this be a race thing?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

This guy use to be a great read, his main focus was on the dangers of Islamist extremism, but as a general philosophy he came across as mostly libertarian, pro Israel, pro defense of the US, etc.

What a god damn shame.   He's gone full retard.   Every story over at littlegreenfootballs is a lefty spin.  

The guy was getting DDoSed off the face of the earth. I couldn't even get to his site during the election.

Now he's back....

Hrm, wonder if he sold his domain name or had a stroke.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
He kinda went off the deep end when he started ranting against european fascist groups.

Honestly its been quietly posited that he's suffered some kind of mental breakdown, as he's been getting progressively less coherant. Damn shame, used to be a great blog.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the angry-atheist shtick magnified his war with gates of vienna, and spread to cover a lot of the fringe right. He's definitely gone downhill, but if the spin is different his posts are still relatively factual. Mocking birthers, truthers, and creationists is hardly a sport restricted to dirty commies.
For a few months it was pretty bad, I missed the worst of it because Islamist issues were getting boring.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The man has become paranoid and clinically insane.

He no longer allows any dissent on his blog, and he'll often ban commenters (even long time, valued ones) for disagreeing with him or questioning his beliefs. I was banned for raising questions about one of his thousand anti-"intelligent design" posts.

His site has become an echo chamber of sycophants. Much worse than Daily Kos. It's very sad, but it's his site to fuck up as he wishes.

He says he stopped using SiteMeter because the site was unsafe, but really it's because his visits have plummeted. According to Alexa, his site is now only #27,421 in traffic.

He's a liberal with a drug-addled brain.

Check out http://www.littlegreenfootballs2.com/, where many of his old (banned) commenters have gone. It's a much better site.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He no longer allows any dissent on his blog, and he'll often ban commenters (even long time, valued ones) for disagreeing with him or questioning his beliefs. I was banned for raising questions about one of his thousand anti-"intelligent design" posts.

His site has become an echo chamber of sycophants. Much worse than Daily Kos. It's very sad, but it's his site to fuck up as he wishes.

He says he stopped using SiteMeter because the site was unsafe, but really it's because his visits have plummeted. According to Alexa, his site is now only #27,421 in traffic.

Check out http://www.littlegreenfootballs2.com/, where many of his old (banned) commenters have gone. It's a much better site.

I think you're right.  He acts like he's lost his fucking mind.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hahahaha!  I don't mean to deny anything you said, or diminish your take on this guy.  But when I read your first sentence, I read it in Charlie Sheen's voice and instantly thought of Apocolypse Now, and wondered who'd be sent to "off" him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah––––he started getting bad before the election though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to frequent that site. I agree with the rest of you-he's off his rocker.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]
mostly libertarian?

lol

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yea he went off the deep end of crazy late last year. He will tolerate no dissent or contrary opinion. Echo chamber is exactly the right term.

I was there for years and got banned because I posted that I thought the site was becoming a little inconsistent and harsh in criticism of global warming critics, and I posted it in the kindest of terms knowing just how paranoid and strident Johnson had gotten. It took him all of 15 seconds to delete my post, seriously.

Johnson had his moment with the throbbing memo but after that became increasingly self-important (even referring to himself in the third person at times), unbalanced, and vicious. He started picking fights for no reason with other bloggers that had supported him and made paranoia his trademark.

In a way he became exactly what he used to despised, he became his version of Dan Rather.

It is painful to go back and look at what has become of what was a good community.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Was he all for Ron Paul before the election?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
is he black?  Could this be a race thing?

That could explain it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nooooooooooo he hates Ron Paul with a passion. I don't care for Paul but Johnson like in everything else is over the top crazy with hate for Paul.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nooooooooooo he hates Ron Paul with a passion. I don't care for Paul but Johnson like in everything else is over the top crazy with hate for Paul.

Ah well. I've seen this flip happen in a friend of mine. He was "conservative". Former military. He was all for Ron Paul before the election but when his man didn't get the nomination he got all butt hurt and went all for Obango.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I got banned for a comment I though was innocuous. I commented on all the anti-ID posts. I thought I was polite. A couple weeks later, I tried to log in, and couldn't. My brother found my last post, and we figured out what happened.

I posted about this on my weblog, and it's amazing the number of e-mails I got from disgruntled, ex-lizards. There's a lot of resentment toward Charles since he's running a once-vibrant site into the ground. Some now refer to him as Icarus. Sure it's his right to do it since it's his site, but it's sad, and he seems mean-spirited. He's also been known to stalk critics around the web.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was banned for raising questions about one of his thousand anti-"intelligent design" posts.

This.

I think I may have you beat...  Long time member over at LGF.  Now, former member.  I had the "audacity" of casting a thumbs down vote to one of Johnson's own mushroom-induced musings after he started his meme about how anyone who disagrees with the One must be either a racist or an extremist.  Minutes later, I was banned.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#18]
He likely went off the deepend after Pajamas Media hired Joe the Plumber and he turned out to be a little bit of a numpkin.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahaha!  I don't mean to deny anything you said, or diminish your take on this guy.  But when I read your first sentence, I read it in Charlie Sheen's voice and instantly thought of Apocolypse Now, and wondered who'd be sent to "off" him.

Charlie Sheen's voice doesn't do it for me but imagining Martin's Sheen's voice saying The man has become paranoid and clinically insane and I too laughed my ass off.

Monk
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]

I still drop by once a day to see what he's saying.  He hasn't quite gone "full Sullivan" yet and I want to be there when he finally goes completely over the edge.

I predict it will be something related to Glenn Beck, and he'll say something like "The Mormon Church is full of nutcases".

Then again, he's pretty much said the same thing about conservative Evangelical Christians so I guess he probably has already gone full Sullivan.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I still drop by once a day to see what he's saying.  He hasn't quite gone "full Sullivan" yet and I want to be there when he finally goes completely over the edge.

I predict it will be something related to Glenn Beck, and he'll say something like "The Mormon Church is full of nutcases".

Then again, he's pretty much said the same thing about conservative Evangelical Christians so I guess he probably has already gone full Sullivan.  

He is worse than Sullivan at least Sullivan has some checks on his crazy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He was shook up after 9/11, but has reverted to type now. I stopped going to LGF when he purged all his good posters that didn't agree with him about his rather severe anti-creationist stance. Seemed to be all he talked about for some number of months. He didn't want to have an honest debate about it, so he just booted anyone who disagreed with him.

Typical liberal shit.

It really is too bad, LGF was a great site until he went full retard.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Charlie Sheen's voice doesn't do it for me but imagining Martin's Sheen's voice saying The man has become paranoid and clinically insane and I too laughed my ass off.

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/MMPH/250413.jpg

Monk

Thanks!  I mis-labeled my Sheens.  My sincerest apologies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top