Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
YOUR A MACHINE
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Its commonly noticed with anxiety attacks.

Yep yep

Had a wreck years back that someone died in. At the scene and on the way to the Hospital I could taste it and months later when I started having anxiety attacks, I could taste it. Went away and haven't tasted it in 8 years or so
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
FEAR........it's FEAR
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Dibs on guns/ ammo/ gear/ vehicles and hot wominz....

dibs on house, moneys, supplies and anything else not dibbed

Foul, you must specify objects.

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing I can think of is that seat belts have a charge in them like a shotgun shell that when in a collision goes off to take up the slack in the seat belt.  Maybe it's from that???

what?  never heard that before.

Take-up mechanism for safety belts United States Patent 4558832

Abstract:A take-up mechanism for safety belts in vehicles comprises an automatic belt winding assembly which is connected to a windup assembly which includes a motor having a piston which rotates relative to an associated cylinder to drive the belt winding assembly in a direction to tighten the belt, for example when an emergency arises such as a potential accident. The drive motor includes a piston having a vane portion rotatably mounted in a cylinder so that either the piston or the cylinder is rotatable for a short rotation period upon the ignition of a pyrotechnical drive charge which when ignited provides a propellent for driving the motor. The construction of the mechanism is such that kinetic energy stored in the rotating masses of a clutch are used to effect a positive coupling of the take-up mechanism with the shaft carrying the wound up seat belt. The drive motor thus has a limited rotational path which is shorter than the length of the belt portion to be retracted. The clutch mechanism is such that it locks during the windup operation and then disengages in the manner of an overrunning clutch.

I don't think that is used in automobiles.  It is just the patent description for somebody's idea.

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Steering wheel?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The only thing I can think of is that seat belts have a charge in them like a shotgun shell that when in a collision goes off to take up the slack in the seat belt.  Maybe it's from that???

what?  never heard that before.

Take-up mechanism for safety belts United States Patent 4558832
Abstract:A take-up mechanism for safety belts in vehicles comprises an automatic belt winding assembly which is connected to a windup assembly which includes a motor having a piston which rotates relative to an associated cylinder to drive the belt winding assembly in a direction to tighten the belt, for example when an emergency arises such as a potential accident. The drive motor includes a piston having a vane portion rotatably mounted in a cylinder so that either the piston or the cylinder is rotatable for a short rotation period upon the ignition of a pyrotechnical drive charge which when ignited provides a propellent for driving the motor. The construction of the mechanism is such that kinetic energy stored in the rotating masses of a clutch are used to effect a positive coupling of the take-up mechanism with the shaft carrying the wound up seat belt. The drive motor thus has a limited rotational path which is shorter than the length of the belt portion to be retracted. The clutch mechanism is such that it locks during the windup operation and then disengages in the manner of an overrunning clutch.

I don't think that is used in automobiles.  It is just the patent description for somebody's idea.

I owned a 1986 Mercedes that had that feature (explosive charge to tension the seat belts in the event of an accident).
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ok iam just a paramedic so this is not doctors advice but go get your head checked like cat scan or MRI. Why? A few years ago a guy I use to work with started getting that kind of taste in his mouth. Became more and more often turned out he had a brain tumor. He did die and the doctor told him if he would have caught it months before he could have had a better chance. About three years ago got call on duty to a 48 year old male having the worst headache of his life. In asking him so questions it turned out he was having a re occuring taste in his mouth, describe it as "copper tasting". Turned out he had cancer of the frontal lope. IF YOU LIKE LIFE GO GET YOUR ASS TO THE DOCTOR!!!!! I hope that iam wrong and wish you all the best!

THIS

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you a Terminator?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#10]

dashboard?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Reflux
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The metallic taste could also be from bruised sinuses. You'll have the scent of your own blood trapped in your sinuses and it'll make you think you taste something metallic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like Polonium in your mouth

WHAT is your avatar?

His avatar is an x-ray of a man in Australia who was killed with a nail gun.  IIRC there were over 20 nails shot into the guys head.  You can find the story if you google it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#14]
i too have noticed there is a distinct smell and taste from a good blow to the head, whether a fall or punch or collision with the dashboard, and it isn't blood, I've always called it the brain fluid tang.

wierd, i dunno what it is....

i fell on ice once, imitating sub zero's slide attack, hit a rock frozen in the ice and my head and feet traded places, whack!

it went sorta dark, there was a humming sound, i faw faint colored shapes drifting past from right to left if I recall, yellow triangles blue spheres green squares....after a few seconds my sight and hearing cleared and i realized the humming was people asking if i was dead or not....then.....the brain fluid tang taste/smell....

eta i also once sniffed the contents of an old drum at a mine to see what the liquid was, looked like water, it lit my ass on fire, i was blind and deaf and burning and freezing and then hearing (cows barking, if that makes sense) and seeing shit (tree stumps that were actually rocks) for a few minutes just from the smell, just one whiff,  then a headache from hell for the next two hours....
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Lunesta causes a metalic taste too. You should stop taking that while you're driving.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
YOUR A MACHINE

Much more likely to be his B machine, or even his C machine.

Also, the memory center of the brain is most closely connected to the smell center of the brain.  That is why smells and memories are so closely related.  You can actually smell or taste it, it doesn't seem like a memory, you actually experience it.

It could also be your sinuses, as mentioned above.  My sinuses have a chlorine smell, like a swimming pool.  If I suddenly get a nose tickle, and randomly sneeze, it tastes/smells just like I got dunked in a swimming pool, but a little more metallic.  A jar, like in a car wreck, could easily loosen stuff in your sinuses that has been stuck somewhere growing for months/years.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]

A metallic taste in your mouth is not an uncommon symptom, and metal tasting is typically not a serious problem.

Your perception of a metallic taste can be due to an assortment of
metal mouth factors. However, the most common causes of the unflavorful
taste of metal are medications used for treatment of:

Unhealthy oral hygiene may be the cause for a metal taste symptoms in your mouth, including:

Some other causes and diseases that may be causing your taste to be metallic are:

http://www.healthblurbs.com/many-causes-of-metallic-taste-metal-taste-in-mouth-and-taste-of-metal-in-your-mouth-symptoms/

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i too have noticed there is a distinct smell and taste from a good blow to the head, whether a fall or punch or collision with the dashboard, and it isn't blood, I've always called it the brain fluid tang.

wierd, i dunno what it is....

I've had the same metallic taste when I got kicked in the face or good head bonk. It went away fast though...No idea what causes it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
My uneducated theory is it has something to do with your adrenaline kicking in.

I get the same shit when I'm hunting right after the shot.. when I have a close call in the car.. or when something really spooks me.

Not just your regular "oh shit" moment.. the "fight or flight.. HOLY FUCK" moments are what causes it for me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The collision was not violent at all - it was just startling, mostly because it made me flash back to earlier accidents.  There was no blood or blow to the head.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#21]
What is the propellant for the airbags made out of?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top