Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2001 7:17:57 PM EDT
I need some real help here. I was given a proposition today. In the near future I will have access to an unlimited supply of .223 (5.56)FREE!! (It's legal also) I am mulling over buying an AR and some mags hopefully for a good price but I don't know very much about them. Most all of my rifle knowledge is about AK's and FAL's. I keep hearing a lot of bad things about the AR's(jam-o-matic etc) and I don't want to get stuck with a bad one. I want a short one,(just like the look) but which one??? Bushmaster,Colt,Olympic something else??? Also mags,best,worse,etc. I had a couple of other projects going but I put them on hold to finance this one if I decide to go ahead. Any Ideas??????
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:54:40 PM EDT
Buy a Colt-preban green label if you can come up with the dough
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:06:37 PM EDT
First choice would be a Green Label Colt. Close second would be a preban Bushmaster. After that, a SP1 Colt and then a Blue Label Colt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:18:51 PM EDT
Care to share your supplier of free 223 ??[:D][:D] COLTSHORTY GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2001 8:31:35 PM EDT by Klutch]
Being an AK guy I am sure that you would see the ignorance of buying a preban. Tough to justify the $ for a stock that retracts a few inches and a flash hider. That being said buy a postban Colt Carbine or a Bushmaster Carbine. Get one factory assembled and you'll be kicking ass. Should be about $600-$800 or you can just get yourself a SAR3!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:30:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:57:54 PM EDT
I have had nothing but cood luck with my Bushy, and all my USGI mags have never jammed on me. [uzi]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:03:56 PM EDT
Do NOT buy a postban Colt. Non-milspec parts and holes, poor quality control and zero customer service. If you're going for a postban, get a Bushmaster or Armalite.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:07:42 PM EDT
I have an armalite 20"barrel have shot many rounds through it with no jams i use the gi mags go with the armalite or bushmaster.The jam problems were mainly with the first ars in vietnam but have come a long way since.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 7:48:59 PM EDT
Buy a Rock River, only $660. Unlimited supply of .223? I need a drool cup.
Top Top