Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2001 4:10:40 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/national/031601/boy_shooter.sml [/url]

CLARKSDALE, Miss. — A policeman's 3-year-old son shot a gas station attendant in the face with his father's pistol, authorities said.

James Collins, 43, was in critical condition Friday.

Off-duty Patrolman Randy Tomlinson had brought his truck into the gas station on Thursday, leaving his gun in the back seat and his son in the front, Capt. Danny Hill said

The boy crawled into the back seat, pointed the pistol at Collins and shot him, Hill said. The bullet entered Collins' cheek.

Hill would not say whether disciplinary action would be taken against Tomlinson.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Now I know why the Anti's say that only the police should have guns![:\]

Paul
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of moron leaves his 3 yr old unattended period.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Now I wonder if MS has a law against leaving
guns unsecured where children can access them.

This will be interesting to watch as it unfolds.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Smart guy![kill]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#6]
So I wonder what Patrolman Tomlinson's next career move will be...
...Burger King or Taco Bell?
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys, let's be somewhat sympathetic here.
Can you imagine? Did this kind of thing ever happen 25 years ago? Do you think the officer would have ever anticipated this with a 3 year old?
I'm not saying this guy acted responsibly, but I mean, s***...I didn't know how to hold my pee-pee straight aiming at the toilet when I was three. I can't imagine aiming a gun, pulling on that trigger, aimed at someone like that. How did that kid even figure it out?
I think its just a tragedy. Everybody loses.
[:(]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
See, if that guy only had his magical smart ring on this sort of thing would not have happened.

Well they always said that convenience store clerks and gas station attendants were dangerous occupations.

Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Real easy with glock or revolver thats loaded.Point and pull the trigger.Thats just flat out stupid on the cops part.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#10]
WTF, Over?!?!?!?

Makes me embarassed to be a cop.

Unexcuseable.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#11]
[size=2]We have GOT to have Cop Control now!

When will the madness stop?
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#12]
You really have to be a little more careful when you have kids. This guy was just careless and you can't be careless. You wouldn't want to leave a 3 year old in a vehicle with a cordless drill either. If you have a 3 year old, you should know that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top