Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2009 2:38:37 PM EDT
Any idea who makes them? I am looking at a 7 cu ft chest freezer, and I can get a Lowe's "Holiday" one for $199, or a GE one from Home Depot for $219. Since most GE products suck, should I just get the one form Lowes?    
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that freezer in my garage, had it for 2 years or so, still works fine.

No idea who actually makes it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesnt answer your question but if money is an issue.... craigslist it up. They are relatively cheap on there
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
So much of that stuff is being made overseas now that I sometimes wonder if the production coming out of the same factories gets different brand labels slapped on it depending on who is importing it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it is Haier but not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So much of that stuff is being made overseas now that I sometimes wonder if the production coming out of the same factories gets different brand labels slapped on it depending on who is importing it.

Yep.

I really doubt some of the big name brands still have their own dedicated factories.

It is all about brand management, and contract manufacturing anymore...
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  

I really doubt some of the big name brands still have their own dedicated factories.

It is all about brand management, and contract manufacturing anymore...
I have heard this many times in many different areas. auto parts, appliances, riding mowers you name it.

It comes out the front door one name and out the back another.

Shit, that sounds naughty

Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Doesnt answer your question but if money is an issue.... craigslist it up. They are relatively cheap on there

Money is not an issue, just don't want to spend the extra $2o if I don't need to.

Link Posted: 8/23/2009 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Just don't buy anything GE;not only will you pay more for the name but they are anti-gun out the kazoo(they own MSNBC) and their lead boy Immelt sucks Obama's dick.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I vote for craigslist.  You can find a larger freezer for less money in gently used condition from someone who is getting forclosed on right now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I 2nd (or 3rd) Craigslist.
Most people have them and use them at first and they sit empty while plugged in.
They just want to get rid of them, cheap!
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I 2nd (or 3rd) Craigslist.

Most people have them and use them at first and they sit empty while plugged in.

They just want to get rid of them, cheap!

i 4th this.

i got a big deepfreezer, i think it was 12 cu ft.  maybee bigger, for free. people buy em, use em half full for a few years and dont wanna move em, so they put them on CL for free or cheap.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't Roper part of Maytag?

Seems they all have a "cheaper" version now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top